Not so Lovely Visits

Start from the beginning

            “My heart would be strong, as long as I have Keith by my side.” Laverne replied with a confident smile.

            It was still a lot to take in for Laverne, and he needs more time to process what he had just learned. Although he was happy to know that his stepbrother was the same Keith form five years ago, he was still very nervous at the fact that death awaits them in their near future.

            Just thinking of losing Keith all over again made Laverne felt an insufferable pain. His chest felt heavy and his emotions welled up. Suddenly, tears came falling down from his eyes. “It hurts…” He said sadly as he hit his left chest with his right fist. “It hurts… why does it hurt this bad?” He cried sadly. “Why don’t you light up already…?” Lav cried as he gripped the pendant on his chest tightly.

            He was thinking about Keith when his phone suddenly rang. “Hey, are you busy?” Keith asked in a cheerful tone as Laverne answered his call.

            “Not really….” Laverne answered. He was a little bit down, because he was still very confused about what Amanda told him.

            “Is everything alright? Do you feel fine?” Keith sounded very worried. Laverne felt guilty for making Keith feel that way, but Laverne was also very worried and afraid. Just the mere though of losing Keith all over again was enough to drive him crazy.

            “I’m fine, I was just thinking about work.” Laverne lied. “So, did you miss me already?” He said in a more cheerful tone.

            “Yes, I missed you already and I wanted to hear your voice. Why, don’t you miss me already too?” Keith asked in a snug tone.

            Laverne chuckled amusedly. “I’m missing you too. But I think that you’re missing me more.” He said confidently. “Say Keith…” Laverne became a little bit serious. “I won’t lose you, no matter what, right…”

            “Lav…” Keith sounded worried. “What exactly happened? I know that something is wrong, I could hear it in your voice.” Keith added but Laverne couldn’t answer. He couldn’t and he wouldn’t tell Keith what Amanda told him. “I understand…” Keith said. “I won’t ever leave you. You’ll never lose me, so don’t be worried anymore.” Keith said reassuringly.

            “That’s a relief...” Hearing that from Keith made him feel a lot better. “I don’t know what I would do if I lose you… I just love you so much…” He said honestly.

            Keith was silent for a while. Laverne wondered why. “I don’t think my heart would stop skipping a beat every time I hear you say that. It just feels so surreal.” Keith said in a shaky voice. “It just makes me so happy that my heart is ready to explode any moment.”

            “Get use to it.” Laverne said as he chuckled. “Because I’ll be saying that more often.” He added with a wide smile on his face.

            “Really? That sounds good to me.” Keith replied. “I’ll pick you up later okay, I’ll ask Dad’s driver to take your car home instead.”

            “I understand, I’ll wait for you.” Laverne replied sweetly.

            “Hey, Lav…” Keith said in a very gentle and caring voice.

            “What is it?” Laverne asked.

            “I love you.” Keith said shortly.

            Laverne finally understood what Keith meant. His heart skipped a beat as well when he heard Keith that. Hearing those words meant a lot to him, it gave him enough happiness and energy to last for a whole week.