Chapter 7: Research

As I continued reading a book about the past heirs of Nobel Michel, I realized I wasn't getting anywhere.

'That's strange, where are the books about Juliana and her parents, Adam and Jessica. It's like there books were removed from the library. ' I closed the book I was reading and decided to ask Zain.

Calling him, he picked up saying,"Hello."

"Zain, it's me Juliana." I said through the phone that Zain has gotten me.

"Miss, why did you call? Is something a problem or do you want me to get anything." I heard his stern voice through the phone

" Zain, actually I am in the library but I am not finding any books about the Juliana, the next heir to Nobel Michel. I wanted to ask you which section you put it. It will be a big help." I answered honestly.

" If you don't mind me asking but, why do you want to know about the next heir to Nobel Michel? " he said in his curious tone.

" Well, I have been talking to Mike at breakfast, when you left, and he told me about her and I guess I just got curious."

" Well all the books about Lady Juliana Luna Michel, the next heir to Nobel Michel , is not in the Library. We have currently started to move books out of the castle since it was taking up too much space. " he said in a small hint of sadness.

" So where did you move it?"

" It is moved to the National Library ."

"Okay, thanks. If you don't mind I will go there tomorrow." I told him so that he will not get worried over me.

" I don't mind at all. Do you want me to drop you there." I heard a hint of concern coming from his voice

" No, it's okay. I don't want to be a burden. I will just call a cab." I said hoping to lower his concern

"Very well. I am glad you told me but what time will you be leaving?" He ask

" I will be leaving a bit after breakfast." I answered.

Saying our goodbyes, we both ended the call.

Taking all the books that I took off the shelves, I carefully placed the old books back.

As I place the last book in the shelf, my stomach started to grumble.

" Well that's embarrassing." I said out loud.

Leaving the library quietly, I quickly went to the kitchen.

Opening the door to the kitchen, I took a quick glance of the kitchen to see only five chiefs and three Patisseries.

Chef 1:" Miss, what are you doing here. Do you want something to eat? I can prepare it for you."

Patisserie 1:" Or will you like some sweets."

Not wanting anyone saying anything any more, I opened my mouth to say," Well I was going to cook something."

Chief 2:" You want to cook something. That will be rude to have a guest staying here to cook for themselves. It will sound like we don't treat them well. Please allow me."

'Wow, they will never give up. Do they?' Not wanting to start an argument, I gave up, to have a chief cook me something and a patisserie to bake me some sweets, so I will not hurt his feelings.

Chief 1:" So miss, what will you like?"

Answering honestly I said," Well I want something light, like a salad maybe and I want some small cakes as well. I know it may sound strange but that is what I am feeling for now."

Patisserie 1:" I will get right to it then."

Chief 1:" As will I." They both said happily.

Heading to the dining room, I took a seat that was closest to the door.

' I never knew that having a chief or patisserie cook or bake for you will make them that happy. Well they are what they are, I guess I can't change the fact.'

A few minutes later, I received my salad with a small chocolate cake that was elegantly designed.

" Whoa, I never knew something as simple as a salad could taste this good." I said out loud without realizing it. Thankfully, no one was here to hear anything.

Finishing my salad, I went straight to the dessert.

"Mm, this is so good. Words can't describe what I am eating right now." I said out loud once again without realizing.

After I finish eating my small meal, I decided to take the plates, with my own two hands, and went to the kitchen to thank them for the delicious meal.

After thanking them, I went back to my room to prepare an outfit for tomorrow.

Satisfied with what I got out of the closet, I sat on my bed and picked up the daily newspaper of Charles on my coffee table, that Zain has provided me.

Soon followed by Pillip, Liberty, Alteria, Dres Van and Oriens.

As I placed the last paper I read on the coffee table, my phone started to ring.

I rushed to my phone to see a mysterious number on it. ' I wonder who it could be.'

I hit the answer button and said,"hello."

" Miss Juliana, you are invited to attend a ball at Liberty manse tomorrow." The mysterious person said.

'Who is this really. It's freaking me out!'

" Umm, who is this?" I ask.

" Oh, forgive me for not saying earlier. My name is Luke, head steward of Liberty." Luke said.

"Oh Luke, sorry for not recognizing earlier." I apologized.

"There is no need for an apology. His royal highness, Prince Keith, has invited you to attend tomorrow's ball. "

''Wait, tomorrow !" I nearly yelled.

"Yes, is there a problem?" Luke asked

' But tomorrow is when I have to go out. What if Laura is there. I really don't want to go but I have to. It's rude to decline a invitation to a ROYAL ball I even said that to Laura! well something like that. ' I said to myself

" No, it's not a problem. I just wanted to know what time it will start." I lied.

" it will start at 7:00 pm. I will be expecting you there." Luke then ended the call like he has no time to lose and like expect that from a royal butler. Not to mention Keith's.

Putting back the clothes that I got out of the closet for tomorrow. I called Zain to inform him about the change of event.