About New York

Scott had gotton about ten phone calls from his mom, none of them were good. Amara and Scott had gotton to a motel, and thank the heavens above it wasn't the motel that made Scott and his friends go crazy. They checked in and got settled in their room Amara had gone into her trance looking for her brother.
"You do realize that's called spying right?"
"You do realize I don't care right?"
Amara's eyes went back to normal and came out of the trance. "It looked like he was on a hike or something." Scott was listening to the voicemails his mom left, about him going to Colorado, his father, Amara and Damion. He just sighed and sat on his bed.
"You should call her. She's freaking out."
"How do you know?"
"Because she is a mother."
Amara smiled and looked out the window seeing the full moon. She was able to control it, but it was her pack's youngest beta she was worried about. "You okay?" Scott asked worried about the way she was looking at the moon, like she dreaded it. "I'm fine. It's just that Cara, one of my packs betas, she doesn't really know how to cotrol it on a full moon. I usually help her through it, but...I'm here." Amara looked down at the floor thinking about the young blonde girl, with the bluest eyes she's ever seen. "How old is she?"
"15. She was bitten when she was 14, she had no one so Colin and Diana took her in. They couldn't help her, they had to lock her up everytimes. Till they found me; I was just a orphan, and a thief in New York. The police got to me and put me in a foster home, kept running away." A tear ran down her face and she quickly wiped it away.
"Anyway my current foster mom adopted me and we moved here."
"So when did Colin, and Diana find you?"
"New York. They knew I was a thief. They said 'If you are going to be a thief, be a good thief'." Scott and Amara laughed.
"They followed me from New York, to California. They are the only family I have."
"Not anymore."
Scott got up and sat next to her on her bed and held her hand, she smiled and leaned her head on his shoulder. That night they had got some rest, the next morning they showered, and was getting ready to leave till they heard on the news that it was going to rain. "I guess we are stuck here for another day." The boy said sitting back down on his bed; Amara had walked over to the window and saw a pick-up truck and smirked.
"Hey Scott?"
"Yeah?"
"Remember when I told you I used to be a thief?"
"...yes?"
Amara opened the door and walked out heading to the truck, Scott got up and looked at Amara at the drivers side. She bent down and felt all around the truck. Scott still by the door way looking around hoping no one saw them
"What are the hell are you doing?!"
"Looking for a spare key."
She got up without any key and sighed in frustration. She jogged back to the room and looked in her bag for a flat, long piece of medal and grabbed it. Scott looked at her with panic in his eyes.
"No. We are not stealing this truck, this is not what we do."
"No. It's not what you do. I've been doing this for as long as I can remember." She pushed passed him and went back to the truck, and put the piece of medal against the window and pushed down. She hooked it to something inside and pulled up making the lock pop open. "Got it. Come on get your stuff." Scott didn't move and just looked at her with judgement.
"What?"
"We are not stealing this truck."
"Fine. You can go back to Beacon Hills and I'll steal it."
Scott sighed and went back inside, she walked inside too and got her stuff ignoring him. She put her stuff inside the truck and got her bike pushing it in the back then covering, and tying it down. He still didn't try and stop her. Amara knew he had morals, and rules. She didn't.
She spliced the wires together and started the truck, she looked at him and sighed. He was just as stubborn as her. "Last chance, Scott." He just closed the door without looking back. Amara felt alone again but she was used to it, she was starting to not get attached to people. She drove off down the road, and also not looking back.