12# Disturbing Nightmares

Start from the beginning

I heard Casey give out a long sigh and turn to face her. “What’s wrong?”

“You wouldn’t want to know,” she shook her head.

I pulled back in shock. “Of course I would want to know.”

She lifted an eyebrow at me and gave me a ‘you asked for it look’ before she started to gush, “I miss Priestly. I mean I know I only met him once and he didn’t really even speak to me but god those abs, even Cody doesn’t have a chest like that, and his hair,” she moaned, “I just want to run my hands through it and maybe even smell it. It looks like it smells good doesn’t it? Who am I kidding of course it does. And his eye’s, did you see his eyes? I never liked brown eyes before I saw his up close; they were like puddles of mud. Not the nasty king the pretty kind that glistens and shines.”

I stopped listening for a second already regretting telling her that she could say anything to me, why couldn’t she just get over him already. It had been a week since our encounter with him and if I went by the look on his face when she tried to lick his chest he wasn’t having the same thoughts about her as she was about him.

“Casey, he’s creepy. I’m positive I saw him the other day outside of school, what kind of grown man hangs around outside a high school? Emphasize on the Grown Man part, he’s way too old for you,” I reasoned with her.

“He’s too hot to be old or creepy, plus he’s only four years older than us, and I’m sure he had a reason to be at school,” she replied sticking to her fantasy.

I sighed giving in. “Okay so maybe he did have a perfectly reasonable explanation for being in the school’s car park but I still think he’s weird.”

Casey started to interrupt me but I cut her off, “Weird, but hot.”

She nodded satisfied with the end of our conversation and went back to eating her meal, I looked over at Rhys who was busy taxing on his phone.

I stuck my foot out and nudged his leg trying to get his attention. “Who you texting?”

“My date for the dance,” he replied.

“You have a date! Who is it?” I asked in surprise, who would have thought someone would be brave enough to go out with him this soon after his break up with Summer.

“Her names Gemma and she’s a bit of a bitch but she’s the only one willing to encounter Summers wrath,” he explained going back to his phone.

Guess that conversation was over.

I finished the rest of my dinner and then went back to people watching, I had always found it interesting to make up stories about people’s lives and why there here. Casey would even join me some times and Ruth loved to do it.

I turned towards her as she finished eating her chicken nuggets. “Hey Ruthie, you want to people watch with me?”

She beamed up at me. “Yeah, yeah, yeah.”

“Okay then.... what about that boy over there, the one who looks like he’s your age?” I asked her.

She put a ketchup coved finger up to her chin and tapped thoughtfully. “He’s a baby and that’s it, I mean he’s still sitting in a high chair and look at me, I’m in the grown up chairs.”

I laughed along with her, even though she could never come up with really funny things to say about random people but what did I expect, for her to suddenly not be a five year old girl anymore.

“That’s right sweetie you’re way more grown up than him,” I told her. “Now finish your nuggets.”

The rest of the night went well and soon Casey and I had cleaned up and crawled in too bed for an early night.