Chapter Nineteen

Thank you for getting History equals dates to 20k reads! I really appreciate all the feedback. Keep commenting and voting :) I hope you like this.

As Sadie was consciously aware that time was flying like an arrow, she also started to realise that she was not the only one involved in her situation. Both Mr Cooper and Drew were desperately waiting for something to happen. Sadie came to realise that she was the pilot, not only of her life, but also theirs. Time flew and Sadie had not found the right words to say to Drew about wanting to end the relationship however her cold shoulder resulted into their drifting apart. They never kissed or hugged or laughed together. They did not text or go to each other's houses. What sort of relationship was that?

On the other hand, Sadie started spending so much time with Mr Cooper even if, deep down, she felt that she was keeping some very important information from him. So far, Mr Cooper had no idea that her father was the Mayor of Yorkwood and she wanted to keep it that way for the time being. Sadie feared that if Mr Cooper had to find out, it would push him away from her. Who would want to get involved with the mayor's daughter, after all? Plus, she assumed that Mr Cooper had gone through her files  before he became her teacher. 

As this silent transition from one relationship to another was happening, Sadie was constantly pressured by Jenna to leave Drew. Although their friendship had improved during the month of February, Sadie was worried that if she had to leave Drew completely, she would end up alone at school. 

"I don't want to end up having everyone in this school ignoring me, you know," Sadie was expressing her concerns to Mr Cooper one day as she sat on his lap at his office. "I want to end it with Drew - well, there's nothing to end, to be honest - but I don't want to ruin any friendships."

Mr Cooper sighed nervously as he held her waist and looked into Sadie's eyes. He saw fear and concern, but he could also see strong affections. "Not everyone will ignore you, love, you know I would never do that." Sadie smiled as her cheeks turned pink. "And I understand that you don't want to lose any friendships, but I'm sure that Drew would understand. He's been quite good to me lately."

Sadie smiled and seemed thoughtful. She wondered whether Drew would hate her forever if he ever found out she was seeing their history teacher. Sadie longed to get this stressful situation off of her chest. She longed to feel comfortable with Drew as a friend again. She wanted to rest her head on his shoulder while watching a movie without worrying that he would make a move on her just like the old times.

David cleared his throat to get Sadie's attention, who seemed to have snapped out of her thoughts. He seemed nervous for a second, as he suggested, "So, um, you know Valentine's Day is coming up this weekend," Sadie nodded, "And, um, my brother should be away. So, yeah, I was wondering whether you wanted to, you know, spend it with me. We could cook dinner together and watch a couple of movies."

Sadie blushed and looked away. "Yeah, I'd love to, David. But what will I tell Drew?" she asked as confusion filled her features.

David sighed and drummed his fingers on his desk as he balanced her on his lap. "Sadie, I don't want to pressure you, but I honestly think it's time you choose."

"I choose you, David, but - "

"Then there should be no buts," he raised his voice, not letting her finish. When David noticed Sadie's pouts, he continued, this time with a calmer voice, "I love you but I can't keep sharing you with someone else, okay?"

"You're not sharing me, David. Nothing happens between Drew and I."

David studied Sadie's features and all he could see was honesty and love. He hated that she had not fully broken up with Drew. David detested being upset with Sadie, so he smiled while caressing her rosy cheeks. "I know, sweetheart," he reassured her. "I know."