Chapter Fifteen

Yay, I've finally published this chapter. I know the story line by heart, I swear, but it's getting so hard not to spoil things up for you earlier than I should! Do you have any suggestions I could consider for this story? No, I'm not killing Drew, ok? Please vote for this chapter if you like it and comment your feedback. Thank you <3

"So, last night I was having some drinks with the girls," started Emma as she giggled through Sadie's webcam. "And we could see these two guys dressed in black staring at us from outside the place - well, we couldn't really see them because they were wearing sunglasses which is weird because people don't wear sunglasses in the dark." 

Emma waited for Sadie to comment and, when she saw that there was no response, she took this as an invitation to carry on with her story. "It was strange though - almost creepy." As soon as she realised that Sadie was not listening, she raised her voice and inquired, "Sadie, are you even listening to me?"

Sadie looked up at the laptop screen. She had been fidgeting with her fingers from underneath her laptop. In fact, Sadie had been listening to what Emma was talking about, however she did not think it to be of great importance. What was so scary about two guys wearing black outfits and staring at them? Well, after picturing it in her head, she did feel a bit uneasy. It could have been a prank.

"Sorry," she sighed. "It's just - it's been a tough weekend, Emma, that's all.

Emma smiled and asked whether their father had been giving her a hard time.

"Oh, no Dad's great," replied Sadie, looking away from the camera. "I'm having boy trouble."

Sadie could see Emma's broad grin on the chatting window, making her blush and regret she had ever mentioned the word 'boy'; Emma was interested in anything that consisted the word boy. "Oh my giddy gosh," grinned Emma, perhaps showing a little too much enthusiasm. Sadie moved uncomfortably on her fuzzy carpet. Lying on her carpets always made her cheer up. "Is it the teacher?" Emma blurted out, after which she covered her mouth as Sadie raised an eyebrow. "Oh, I didn't mean - "

"I wish," smiled Sadie, doing her best to hide her sadness. "It's Drew," she confessed.

"Drew?" repeated Emma all astonishment. "Hold on, what do you mean you wish?"

Sadie shrugged, "He kissed me and I had to give him a chance."

Emma was confused and she had to make sure that she was understanding well, so she asked, scratching her forehead, "Who? The teacher?"

"No! - yes - but no," she replied. However, she regretted everything she said immediately. Someone else could have been listening for all she knew.

"Oh my gosh," exclaimed Emma, covering her mouth. She could not believe her own ears. "Has your teacher kissed you?"

Sadie looked away and lowered her voice, "It will never work out with him."

"Wait," interrupted Emma. "Are we talking about Drew or the teacher here?"

"Both," sighed Sadie. 

"I can't believe you kissed your teacher," wondered Emma out loud. "I mean, he probably stuck his tongue in your mouth and now you're in the same class with him without the other student's knowing your dirty little secret."

Sadie wanted to slap her sister through her laptop screen but rolled her eyes instead. "It wasn't so intense, Emma. At the moment I am more worried about being in a relationship with Drew."

Emma raised her eyebrow once again, "Wait, you're in a relationship with Drew?" Then she grinned and joked, "What a sl*ut!"

"Yeah," sighed Sadie, obviously not referring to the sl*ut part. "Stop fooling around and focus. I felt sorry for Drew. He said he loved me and I couldn't break his heart."