Chapter Four

This is chapter four. Sorry for the delay but I've been so busy with uni I barely had time to write! Don't forget to vote and comment your feedback, please :) picture showing Andrew Cooper (a hot model) as Mr Cooper. Also notice that I'm attaching a song which has to do with every chapter. Thanks!

Mr Cooper entered the lobby and into the elevator, almost tripping a couple of times on the way. Pressing '2', he leaned against the mirror at the back of the cabin as the elevator door closed, but soon turned to look at his reflection.

"Wow," he said out loud, not because he thought he looked hot, but for the state of mess he was in.

His light brown hair was all over the place, as if he had not combed or washed it for a very long time; his eyes were bloodshot red as if he had not slept well for a whole week; his face was as pale as a ghost; he realised he had been losing weight, probably because he had not been eating very well lately.

It was past midnight and, seeing the state he was in, he didn't feel well. After finally finding his apartment key in his jeans' pocket, there were several attempts to fitting the key into the lock, until he gave up, cursed loudly, and knocked - or rather, banged - loudly on the door. "Let me in, man!" he yelled.

"Do you mind? My kids are trying to sleep!" shouted a woman from the third floor, who was leaning against the banisters.

"Go to hell, you sl*ut," Mr Cooper replied, turning towards her direction and pointing his index finger at her. He staggered to the stairs leading to her apartment but right that moment, his apartment door opened.

Mr Cooper's vision was blurry but he could see this figure move towards him. Suddenly he felt this person grab his arm and holding him tightly as he said in a deep male voice, "Sorry Mrs Fields, I'll take it from here. Have a good night."

"Let go of me," mumbled Mr Cooper, trying to fight the other guy who was helping him walk inside. He recognised his bedroom as the other guy helped him to his bed, taking off his shoes and dropping them carelessly on the floor.

"Alright mister," rumbled Mr Cooper as he blocked the incandescent light with his hands. Then, he slowly closed his eyed and added, "That pair cost me a hundred bucks."

"What the heck did you do to yourself, David?" sighed the other guy, seeming to be very worried.

He got no reply, however, as David Cooper had fallen asleep in a matter of seconds.

***

"Ania could not sleep that night - not that the Nazis made it very easy for the prisoners to rest. After a day of hard labour her back was killing her; her petite hands all bruised after carrying heavy objects around Ravensbrück concentration camp. She felt shattered physically and emotionally.

After losing her mother a couple of weeks before, she was worried if she were next. Her sister had been sent to another camp somewhere far away, and Ania hoped she was alright. Only God knew if her father and brother were still alive. Although there was another section for males at Ravensbrück, the rest of her family was working at another camp. So she was all alone there - except for Derek.

She loved Derek so much, but she would never be allowed to be with him: let's just say he worked for the Nazis. Therefore, their relationship was impossible: Ania was a Polish Jew, and Derek was a German Nazi soldier; both ignorant of each others' feelings, fearing that someone would hear their vows. If anyone ever found out about their feelings for each other, both would be sent to the famous gas chamber."

Sadie stopped typing on her laptop and sighed. Staring at basically nothing she shook her head. Why was it that she could only think of one person as she wrote her fiction? Should she tell him about the story she has been writing for the last couple of months? Surely, he wouldn't mind correcting any historical errors, right? If only she could let him know about it without talking to him about it in person.