Chapter Five

Ladies! I'm sooo sorry for keeping you waiting for this chapter :/ but I'm really busy with uni and my thesis at the moment. I also had a writer's block. Okay, make sure you listen to the song attached :) thanks!

Mr Cooper got into his car, putting his side bag on the passenger seat. He inhaled deeply as he hoped for a positive day at work. After having a rough weekend he wished that, at least, his job would be satisfying. He loved history but, most of all, he loved teaching it and helping others admire the subject.

A car honked into the distance and Mr Cooper came back to his senses, realising that he had been wasting precious time. He loved stopping for some coffee at the school's cafeteria before going to his first class as he always skipped breakfast but most of all as he found it energising and alerting.

David sighed and checked if his hair was alright in the rear-view mirror. He was obsessed with having perfect hair, as he thought it his best feature. After running his fingers into his messy light brown hair, he repositioned the mirror in its normal state and, after switching on the radio, he started the car and drove off.

As he was driving past the town mayor's house in the middle of town on the way to the school, he saw him exiting his house with a young woman, who he assumed to be his partner. Mr Cooper chuckled and mumbled, "What a jerk," and sped up to get to work on time.

A couple of blocks away from the school, the song 'You'll Be In My Heart' by Phil Collins came on the radio (see link attached ^^). Mr Cooper immediately recognised its opening music and turned the volume up. He loved this song - it reminded him so much of his teenage years back in the late nineties and early thousands.

Mr Cooper sighed as he stopped at the red lights. It was a good thing he was attentive to the road this time for a couple of weeks before he had ran the red and almost hit an old man. Well, at least he had not reported him to the police as that would have gotten into so much trouble. Mr Cooper had left his hometown mainly to get away from the trouble he had gotten himself into.

He listened to the lyrics of the song which said,

"For one so small,

You seem so strong"

He chuckled, as these lines reminded him so much of Sadie Wilson, one of his students. He had been noticing her for the last couple of days and saw what a strong, young woman she was. Other students bullied her but he knew that, someday, she will be very successful.

David shook his head and drove when he saw the green lights. He was still listening carefully to the song, which now said,

"'Cause you'll be in my heart

Yes, you'll be in my heart

From this day on

Now and forever more"

He swallowed a lump which had formed in his throat because of its lyrics as his muscles tensed.

Entering the school's parking lot, he searched for a good spot. He preferred parking his car as close to the school's back door as possible to avoid students from asking him questions after school hours. He did love his job and all, but sometimes students were as annoying as heck. They would want to know every single detail. At his old working place, once there was a student who had asked him if King Henry VIII really had wild s*ex just like they showed on The Tudors. "How am I supposed to know that?" Mr Cooper had replied. "Hey, I wasn't in the room with him, you know, I'm not that old."