Chapter Nine

Hey :) thank you for your patience and I'm pretty sure you deserve this chapter! Don't forget to click on the link to listen to the song attached. It's my personal favourite - just amazing. Picture showing Andrew Cooper as David Cooper.

Chapter dedicated to destinie0831 for being such an amazing fan and messaging me about the story :)

"Nick, are you coming?" yelled David as he looked at his watch which was marking 6:55pm. Dinner reservation was in five minutes time, and David truly hated to be late. Nick, his brother, did not mind being late as it seemed that he cared more about his looks than other people's opinion of his punctuality.

Nick showed up at the kitchen where David was waiting impatiently. He seemed to have taken extra time getting his hair done perfectly. David also assumed that choosing the outfit - dark jeans and a striped blue and grey dress shirt - had taken quite some time, as well.

They grabbed their coats and put them on before leaving their apartment and entering the elevator. This dinner was their way of bonding, since both brothers were ever so busy with their jobs. Nick, an attorney, was busy preparing for several court cases while David had spent his Christmas holidays correcting the students' tests.

In two days, David would return to his teaching job and all of his free time would be gone. Once again, David would have to wake up early, wear proper clothes, and see Sadie every single day of the week - but he did not want to think about that for now. At that moment, he aimed to make the best out of that night and enjoy himself to the full.

The restaurant was only a few minutes away from their place so it was unnecessary to drive there. Walking was also beneficial for the two brothers as their jobs forced them to sit down for hours without moving about - unless they were to cross train while correcting papers or sorting divorce files.

The cold January air entered David's lungs as he shivered and secured his coat as tightly as possible to his chest. Nick sighed as kept up with David's sprint to the restaurant and commented, "You seem troubled tonight, Dave."

David sighed, putting his cold hands into his pockets and slowed down his pace. Suddenly, he stopped walking altogether and replied, "No, I just want to get to that darn restaurant; I'm hungry."

Nick raised an eyebrow but did not push his brother into saying what was worrying him. This is because he had a pretty good idea what was up with David that night. He was not stupid - he was an attorney for goodness' sake. He could see the mixed emotions in David's eyes: attraction, love, and maybe fear?

Following another couple of minutes of uncomfortable silence, the two brothers finally reached the restaurant. The receptionist greeted them and asked for their last name so that she would confirm the booking. "Alright," she smiled. "So it's a table for two, then. Follow me, if you please."

She was wearing a really short skirt, and David noticed that his older brother simply could not make it more obvious that he was crushing on her. Nick glanced at David and mouthed, "Hot!" while the last sighed and shook his head disapprovingly.

His inner conscience said, 'You should not be disapproving of your brother flirting with an adult receptionist - after all, you flirt with one of your under age students all the time.'

David blushed and hoped that he had not said that to himself out loud because first people would think he was insane and, even worse, he could be taken to jail. As soon as they reached their table he noticed that Nick was being helped by the receptionist to take off his coat. Seeing this, he hastily took off his coat to avoid having her touch him. As soon as she realised this, the receptionist sighed and said, "Well, I guess that's it. I'm Sarah so call me at my desk if you need me. One of our waiters should bring a menu soon."