Chapter Eight

Hi ladies! Sorry for the delay but I have been traveling in Italy this month. I hope this chapter satisfies some curiosities regarding the Wilsons. Please don't forget to comment and vote :) thank you for reading!

PS don't forget to listen to the song attached to this chapter as it explains everything. Picture showing Amanda Seyfried as Emma Wilson.

On Christmas Eve, Sadie returned to Yorkwood from her first visit to New York City. Emma, her sister, had organised a birthday trip for Sadie where they took off the day she had finished her exams. After saying goodbye to her father, Sadie went on the road as excited as ever.

After spending a week apart from Yorkwood Sadie realised that, although she dearly missed her father and the people who took care of her back home, she would probably not find it especially hard to leave Yorkwood. She felt that her heart did not belong there, as if she needed to be some place else.

When in New York, Emma took Sadie shopping and introduced her to all of her friends there. She showed Sadie around especially the historic monuments and buildings. They also managed to get into a couple of gigs while they were there. Most of all, Sadie had had the time of her life. She could not wait until she finished college so that she would leave Yorkwood and never ever return.

What made everything better was that, not only did Emma take her to the City, but she also came back to Yorkwood with her and spent Christmas and New Years' Day with her family. Sadie knew that it was good to have Emma back, at least for a few weeks. She was aware that everything would go back to normal in a couple of days: Emma would return to New York; their father would spend less time around; she would go back to school; and the bullying would restart.

But this was definitely worth it.

Although Sadie did have sleepovers with Drew, nothing beat sleepovers with Emma. Emma organised the best sleepovers: chick-flicks all night long; binge-eating; pop music. This is when Sadie knew that she was going to miss Emma being around.

One night, Sadie kept tossing and turning in bed, so much that she had to get up and do something useful. Looking at her alarm clock and her bedside table, she noticed that it was barely 1am. She thought it would be a good idea to open her laptop and check her emails - and she did. To her surprise, there was a reply dating the last day of exams from her history teacher, Mr Cooper, regarding her story.

It said:

"Dear Miss Wilson,

Your story is amazing and I would like it if you sent me more of your extracts via email.

How about you drop by my office the first day of the second semester? You mentioned that you used to meet your other history teachers for corrections, right?

I hope to see you soon.

Regards,

Mr Cooper"

Woah. That was unexpected - was this teacher bipolar or something? So he had read her story, after all. And after he had spent weeks pretending that Sadie was non-existent, he now wanted her to go to his office. Where was his office location, anyway? It was probably located in the history department area, but she was not going to look for it without having an idea where she was supposed to go.

Then she remembered the last time where she had spoken to Mr Cooper - the time he had apologised for being a complete jerk. Well, those were not his exact words, but Sadie was sure that it was what he had meant. Maybe he was not going to be that mean teacher anymore? But that would mean that her class bullying would increase if he did not do something about it.