Chapter Two

The next couple of days went by quite quickly; Sadie was busy with school work and her studies and, when she was not reading or writing her story, she was spending time with her friend, Liz, who was a helper at her house. Liz was a short, plump woman in her fifties and the mother Sadie could not have. Her hair was now all gray with a couple of black stands here and there, proving that once she had dark hair. This colour did not reflect her personality, however, for she was one amazing woman.

    Liz was always there for Sadie and they couldn't live without each other. Although there were a couple of other female servants around the house, Liz was the closest to Sadie: she helped her with her homework when she was younger and had also given her some good ideas for the story which Sadie was writing. But most importantly, Liz always gave the Mayor's younger daughter great life advice which Sadie would always listen to.

    On Saturday evening, Sadie was taking a break from writing her story, with her laptop still open at the foot of her huge bed as she was lying down. Looking back at the first week of school, Sadie was satisfied. Although so many students were being mean to her, she was now strong enough to ignore their lies and envies. Her previous two years in high school had been a total nightmare because of her father's job. Heck, her life used to a nightmare. However, things seemed to change now that she was a junior.

    First, she was a year closer to finishing off school and going away to college, never seeing any of her bullies ever again and secondly, she was a year older. Sadie was more mature now and felt that she could deal with being bullied better. Yes, she did cry sometimes or hate the her father's job, but she could not change anything. Therefore, she decided to be more mature about it.

    As an introduction about herself to new teachers, like Mr Cooper, she said, "Hi, I'm Sadie Wilson; seventeen. I want to study history and when I'm done with uni I want to be a writer." Indeed, the other students laughed but the teachers could see that Sadie was not that typical teenage dreamer who would fantasize impossible things; she was the kind of person who would get everything she wanted. Some thought her spoilt, but this was not the case at all. Sadie was going to work hard for her future.

    She was always alone on weekends as Mr Wilson would usually be away on political trips but, of course, there were the workers and helpers at her house, including Liz. However, weekends tended to get very boring so Sadie decided to watch one of her most favourite movies, 'Becoming Jane', which is Jane Austen's biography. This movie brought so many good memories of her earlier teenage years, prior to her father being elected the Mayor of Yorkwood. She remembered going to the movies to watch this biography with her whole family, including her mother and two older siblings.

    After calling Liz to bring her some snacks, Sadie invited her to join her, with Liz being too busy to accept. Therefore, Sadie was left by herself binge eating on unhealthy snacks and crying to the movie's sad scenes. But when the doorbell rang, she paused the movie and waited for the doorkeeper to show up in her room in order to tell her who was visiting. Maybe it was her maternal grandmother? Sadie sighed at this thought, for she knew that this was only wishful thinking. Her grandmother had not showed up at her house for years.

    A knock on her bedroom door rid away of those negative thoughts, and she soon heard a male voice saying, "Princess, it's me," which she immediately recognised. After giving him permission to enter, Drew walked inside her bedroom carrying a huge backpack and a small bunch of sunflowers in one of his hands. Sadie raised an eyebrow as Drew handed her the sunflowers saying, "I hope your Mayor dad doesn't mind, but I stole these from the central strips in the middle of Greensburg Street."

    Sadie laughed and asked, "Wait, did you risk your life to get those for me?" She got up and called a servant to get a vase for the flowers, which was seen to immediately. Drew waited until the servant left the room, with Sadie putting the vase on her bedside table.