Chapter Three

Sorry for the late update. You deserve a long chapter, so here you go ^-^ picture showing Colin Firth as Mr Wilson. Don't forget to comment and vote please.

    "I friggin' hate Mondays," muttered Sadie against her pillow as her alarm woke her up for school. She closed her eyes just to get some extra minutes of sleep, but soon heard Liz asking her if she were getting ready. "Yes," she replied, still in bed with her hair all messed up and wearing her PJs. "I'll be right down."

    Getting up from her bed, she opened her closet and decided to wear her brand new classic blue jeans. Sadie usually hated wearing new clothes to school, for she felt that it would be a waste of amazing outfits for such a boring place; but today was different. She wanted to impress everyone around her.

    She wanted to show them she wasn't that nerdy girl who does not know anything about fashion. Classic jeans never go out of style (pun intended, Swifties) therefore she thought it would be safe for her to wear it. After going through all her clothes, Sadie then chose a plain white sweater with 'London' written on it. 

    After taking a quick shower and putting getting into her bathrobe, Sadie went to back to her connected bedroom and put all the books which she needed that day into her backpack. She also did not forget to include her make-up bag; her father still had no idea she was wearing make-up to school. Sadie had no idea if he would allow it or not, but she wouldn't risk mentioning it to him. Liz had also sworn not to tell him or anyone else, as she would never get her into trouble. 

    Finally, she was all dressed up and ready, so Sadie went down to the dining room to grab something to eat. Her father, who was ready to leave, frowned when he saw that she still needed to have breakfast. "Sadie, what took you so long?" he sighed, placing his black leather briefcase on the dining table and resting his hands on it. 

    "Sorry, Dad," she apologised. "How about a waffle-to-go, Liz, please?"

    Mr Wilson's face relaxed as he forced a smile and suggested, "Maybe we could grab a coffee before school instead, if that's alright, Sadie."

    His daughter looked as pleased as ever as her face was glowing with a tender smile; it had been ages since her father had taken her out for coffee - probably before he was elected mayor, "Family time?" she said softly, keeping herself from shedding tears of joy.

    "Yes, my dear," he smiled. It had also been a very long time since she had seen him look happy. It defined his handsome facial features, which had started to look dull and stressed for the last couple of years. 

    On their way to the cafeteria, Sadie examined her father; he was still quite handsome for his age. Being a Jane Austen addict and admirer, he reminded her of Colin Firth, who had played Mr Darcy in 1995. Mr Wilson had his same brown curls and stunning eyes. She wished she looked more like him, but knew she was the exact clone of her mother. "Dad?"

    "Yes?" he asked, focusing on the road. Although Mr Wilson was the mayor of Yorkwood, he refused to have his own driver and preferred to drive himself everywhere using his personal car. This would lessen the town's expenses and the people's gossip, he hoped.

    "Have you been avoiding me because I look like Mum?"

    Her father suddenly lost control of his vehicle and took an emergency brake as a safety measure. All the cars behind them honked the horn non-stop while some even cursed loudly out their car windows. 

    Mr Wilson closed his eyes for a couple of seconds as he took a deep breath then looked over at Sadie making sure she was not injured. Although looking paler than usual, Sadie was fine, so he decided to carry on driving and not reply to her previous question, which he had found quite shocking.