Chapter Seven

This was, like, the fastest update ever, lol. Enjoy. Don't forget to vote and listen to the song attached ^-^

    "Morning Sadie: I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday and good luck on your history presentation this morning. You can do this. Call me as soon as you finish school," said the voicemail on Sadie's phone early in that morning.

    She smiled, feeling grateful that her father had remembered her birthday even though he was away on a business trip. Sadie doubted that any other family member would contact her but her father's wishes were enough for her.

    The Wilson siblings were not the closest people in the world. In fact, they barely talked on the phone or via text messages, let alone met up. The older sister who lived in New York with her boyfriend had moved out of her father's house a couple of years before and had not seen Sadie ever since. Emma Wilson was a fashion editor and advisor for a very famous girl magazine. 

    Being misjudged as a snobby spoilt brat, Emma ignored the haters and was as outgoing as one would expect a girl working for a magazine to be. Although she was on good terms with her family, she preferred to not be associated in any ways with the family, so much so that she was even tempted to change her last name. This is because of her father's political views which, although were not extreme in any way, could lead her to a career crisis. 

    Mr Wilson also had a son, Eric. Eric Wilson was a well-known lawyer in town, however not being on good terms with his father. The details of the quarrel were unknown to Sadie, and she never asked because she would always be on her father's side. After all, he was the only one who would check on her, give her advice, and wish her a happy birthday.

    Sadie shook her head and cleared her head from family drama. She had to focus on getting an A+ on the history presentation and shut up all of her haters. Ever since Mr Cooper had stopped acknowledging her, the other students started dissing her in class again - because telling them to stop talking during classes does not really stop the bullying. 

    After having breakfast with her carers at home, Mrs Collins picked her up and dropped her off at school together with her son, Drew. Drew seemed to be extra nervous for this test, mainly because he was aware that Mr Cooper disliked him so much that he would be willing to fail him. The car ride to school was silent, even though Mrs Collins tried to lighten up the mood by asking Sadie if she wanted to have dinner at their house that night. 

    Sadie could not wait for the presentation to be over. Speaking in public made her feel sick; how the heck did her father manage to speak in front of the whole town? She could not even give a twenty minute presentation to twenty-five people in a closed classroom! But her father was different: he was outgoing, like Emma, her older sister. Sadie was a rather reserved teenager, although she hoped that one day she would stand up for herself and end her struggles once and for all. 

    After English test from which she left early, Sadie ran to her locker to put away her belongings. She wanted to make sure not to leave anything on her desk while she presented her research to the class as she was expecting her classmates to make a mess of everything which she owned. A couple of weeks before, someone had tore a couple of papers from one of her books while she was at the bathroom and, apparently, Mr Cooper did not notice. 

    As she was putting away her books and getting out all of her important papers from her locker, Sadie glanced to her left, thinking someone was approaching her. She blinked, thinking she was hallucinating. No, her eyes were not playing tricks on her: Mr Cooper was leaning to a wall just opposite to where she was. Panicking, Sadie grabbed her research which she kept in a plastic folder and closed her locker door. Then she turned away embarrassed.