Chapter Eleven

Hey so this is a new chapter. We'll be meeting another important character. This is David's point of view :) hope you guys and ladies will enjoy this. Please comment any feedback and don't forget to show your support by voting.

Picture showing Anne Hathaway as the new character called Ellie ^-^ thank you for reading.

'Hitler, who had just one testicle, led Germany to prosperity and ultimately, war.'

"Wait, what?" said David out loud. Why are history high school students so obsessed with Hitler's b*alls? he thought to himself. "I need a friggin' aspirin."

He marked the word testicle and wrote:

'1. Which sources are you quoting here, Mr Smith?

2. Why do I care about Hitler's b*alls?'

How this guy had been promoted to senior class was a mystery to David. He simply could not imagine him writing a thesis. Or publishing it, for that matter.

As, usual, on a Sunday, David left his personal email address online, partly hoping that no one would contact him. He had prepared his outfit for the first day of school after the Christmas holidays even though he was not that enthusiastic about getting back to work. Oh, how he hated waking up early and dealing with idiots such as the guy who was obsessed with Hitler's b*alls.

But he loved teaching history: it was his life, his passion. David hoped that one day he would teach in the history department of any famous university. All he needed was to apply for a PhD and finally be a candidate. But who would hire him as a professor at their university when they found out about his past?

While David sighed and returned to his corrections his laptop beeped, meaning that he had received an email. Wondering who it could be, he stood up and walked to his desk where his laptop was. Upon seeing an email from his sister with 'URGENT' written as subject, David panicked. This implied that there was trouble back at home.

He immediately opened the email and hoped that it had nothing to do with his dealings back there. David hated thinking of his past but, somehow, certain incidents kept taking him back there such as the first time he saw Sadie, or his older brother's warnings at the restaurant just after he had kissed her.

How he longed to see Sadie again. He wanted to explain everything and make things work between them however it seemed that something would always crop up.

The email loaded and David got back to reality and started reading.

'David,

I hope you're doing well.

I'm sorry to alarm you, but our mother has not been very well after you and Nick moved out. Her condition has worsened last night and she is now at the hospital waiting to be informed of her tests results.

David, it would mean the world to Mom if you and Nick visited her as soon as possible. I know that you're probably returning to work in a couple of days but, I'm begging you, it would do her good.

I would have called but, due to the fact that you have changed your phone number to forget about your past it was impossible to do so. I also tried calling Nick but he hasn't picked up. Therefore, this was my only choice.

Think about it, please. Think about Mom and your family here. The kids constantly ask whether they will ever see you again.

Come back. Please.

With love,

Ellie'

With tears running down his face, David reread the email several times. He had not seen his family for several months and had been missing them dearly. After his father had started a new family with a woman David's age he had been growing apart from his family. Perhaps that was the reason why he had done what he had done.