Chapter 44

Picture of Lucian~

"William?!" A voice shouted from the front end of the warehouse.

Finn and I were watching Oliver and William fight until we heard the voice. We've been outside for about three hours.

"That's Reagan." William said as he brushed some dirt off of himself.

The mud had dried from the sun that had been burning in the sky all morning. I thought that vampires burned in the light but William told me we're tolerant to it. Thank god we don't sparkle.

William walked over to the front of the building with Finn, Oliver and I right behind him.

Reagan was standing beside a fairly new black Ram truck. She had straight, dark brown hair that hung just below her shoulders, and tan skin. Her eyes were a deep chocolate brown and she wore a simple white shirt with sleeves that went up to her elbows, and light coloured denim skinny jeans.

She smiled at William as he approached her, "There he is. So, what do you need me for?" Reagan asked.

"Come inside first." William said. She did so and followed him inside. We followed as well.

Once we were all inside, William told Reagan of the plan. She listened intently and didn't speak once.

I kept looking around for Meagan but didn't find her. She was probably still in her room. Christine payed no attention to Reagan, and didn't even say hi when Reagan said hello.

"So, you want me to sniff out Lucian so you can kill him?" Reagan asked raising an eyebrow.

"That's right." William answered with confidence.

"I don't know Will. It sounds a little risky, I mean, vampires can smell werewolves from away too." She said.

"Please Reagan. You have to do this. If you don't, Lucian could take over the vampire government and kill us all." William begged.

Reagan shook her head with doubt, "But what if he finds me first?" She asked.

"He won't. We'll be following and guarding you the whole time." William said.

Reagan pursed her lips and thought about it for a moment.

"Fine. I'll do it." She said flatly.

William smiled with relief, "Thank you, Reagan." He said, "Yeah, yeah. You're welcome. Just make sure I won't die." Reagan said. William nodded and agreed.

At that same moment, Thomas came in through the door. He was shocked to see Reagan standing behind the couch but quickly collected himself, "Hello Reagan." He said.

"Hi Thomas." Reagan replied, unamused.

"Well, did she say yes?" Thomas asked William.

"Yes. I did. You know you could have just asked me." Reagan said as she crossed her arms. Thomas smiled sarcastically, "whoopee." He said.

It seemed like a lot of vampires didn't like Reagan.

"Where's Meagan?" Reagan asked with an emotionless tone of voice.

"Somewhere." William answered quickly.

"I'm right here you dumb mutt." Meagan said angrily as she stood just outside of her room.

Reagan grinned, "There you are. I knew I smelt your dead corpse." She said.

"I could smell your disgusting dog scent as you were driving over here." Meagan said.

Reagan didn't say anything back to her. Instead, she turned to William, "When is this plan going to unfold?" She asked him.

"Tomorrow. I want this done as soon as possible." William said.

Reagan nodded, then turned to leave, "I'll call you." She said, then left out the door.

Meagan muttered something under her breath before going back to her room.

"Where have you been, Thomas? You've been gone for three hours." William said.

"I've been walking around town, enjoying this beautiful day." Thomas smiled innocently.

All of us knew he wasn't telling the truth but, none of us said anything. We had too much on our minds.