Chapter 13

I smelt something.

Something, sweet. Like vanilla.

I turned my head to find the source of the deliciously sweet smell.

It was one of the jocks. His arm was bleeding.

I was in the trance again. It seemed as though he and I were the only ones in the room.

The dark liquid slowly streamed down his wrist and into the palm of his hand.

My mouth watered as I walked towards him, the smell growing stronger with each step.

At any moment I was about to pounce on him and just rip his arm off.

I was about five feet away from him when an ice cold hand grabbed my arm and pulled me away.

I awoke from the trance and turned to look at the hand that was pulling me.

It looked like one of the goths. The owner of the hand was wearing a black leather jacket and black jeans. His shoes were also black.

He pushed me into the janitors closet and went in with me, closing the door behind him.

"What the heck dude?!" I said.

He turned on a dim light. I could see his features better. He was pale as well. He had brown hair with streaks of gold and dark grey eyes.

Wait a minute. I thought. I knew this guy, sort of. He was the guy that told us to leave after I bumped into Finn yesterday.

"You do know what you are, right?" He asked.

This guy was really freaking me out, "What are you talking about?" I asked him.

He sighed, "You're a vampire." He said flatly.

A what? This guy was absolutely nuts!

"Look dude, recently things haven't been going my way and you're not making it any better." I said and I grabbed the door knob.

I twisted it but as I did he quickly put his hand on the door, keeping it shut.

"Come on, let me out of here." I demanded.

"Just listen to me." He said.

I tried to open the door for a few more seconds before I gave up.

I slouched on the wall, "Fine, explain to me that I'm Dracula." I said, rolling my eyes.

"How did you die?" He asked. His face was completely emotionless.

I looked at him for a few seconds, "What?" I asked softly.

"You had to have died to become a vampire." He said.

I thought about the car accident. So I did die.

"I-I got hit by a car." I said weakly.

"Hm."

"Who fed you their blood?" He asked.

The man! I thought. Was he a vampire?

"Some guy at a grocery store." I said. He laughed. I shot him a look.

Everything was making sense, sort of.

"Doesn't seem like you're a full vampire yet, though." He said. I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, how do I become a full vampire?" I asked.

"You have to drink human blood." He replied casually.

"WHAT?! No way!" I protested.

Why am I believing this guy? He probably is crazy. I thought.

"It's fine, you don't need to kill anyone. I can just give you a blood bag from the hospital." He said.

"This has gotta be some kind of a joke. Never have I nor will I ever drink blood. Vampires aren't real." I told him.

"Still in denial, huh?" He said.

"Maybe I can show you something that'll make you believe vampires are real." He said.

"Show me what?" I asked.

Suddenly his eyes turned a deep blood red. I covered my mouth, in an attempt to not scream.

He smiled with his teeth revealing two deadly sharp fangs where his canine teeth are supposed to be.

I turned my head away from the sight.

"You can look now." He said.

I slowly moved my head back in its original position. His eyes and teeth were back to normal.

"What kind of trick was that?" I questioned.

"It's no trick, you and I are vampires." He said.

How could this be? It doesn't make sense. But it makes complete sense. It explains everything.
I'm a vampire.