Chapter 16

I pushed Hudson with so much force that even he doesn't have that much strength.

He took two desks down with him and landed on top of a third.

His friends had no time to back up and some fell with him.

He didn't move and at I thought he was unconscious or worse. But then he put his hand to his head and slowly sat up from his awkward position atop of the desk.

He looked at me in utter fear.

The rest of the class were obviously scared of me too. All were wide eyed and gasping.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!!" Mrs. Rodriguez screamed.

Everyone's attention turned to her. Hudson tried to stand but quickly fell down as he put both feet on the ground.

His friends helped him, "Aiden pushed Hudson." One of them with black hair said.

"Yeah, he should be suspended." Another with blonde hair said.

"Okay, Aiden Gecker, office. Same with you guys!" She sternly said. I walked out of the room with the jerk squad on my tail.

We all entered the office catching the attention of the secretary.

"What happened with you boys?" She asked. No one answered.

Mrs. Rodriguez came in after us, "Get Mr. Scott." She said.

The secretary stood up from her desk and walked over to the principals office. She opened it just a crack and said something.

She then returned to her desk and smiled at us all, "Mr. Scott will be here in a second." She said.

I looked around the office. Beige coloured walls and the brown, '70s cushiony office chairs made this place seem depressing. The curtains on the windows needed some updating as well, from their old blocky look.

The principal came out of his office with an irritated look on his face.

"Well, who do we have here. Hudson Hamilton, what did you do this time?" Mr. Scott asked, turning to face Hudson.

"It wasn't me this time, sir, I swear. It was Aiden." He said pointing his finger at me. I kept quiet, hoping that Mr. Scott wouldn't think a kid like me could ever push around Hudson.

"Aiden, did you hurt Hudson?" He asked me in a quiet voice, like he was talking to a child.

I sighed, knowing that I would have to confess because it would kill me if I didn't. Yeah, I'm that soft.

"Yes, I did." I confessed.

"Well then Mr. Gecker, you are looking at a hefty punishment." He said, furrowing his eyebrows.

Great, another day ruined by Hudson. It's like this day wasn't ruined enough already. What would my parents think if they got a phone call saying I threw this kid all the way to the other side of the classroom. I would bet you, they wouldn't be so proud of me for actually standing up for myself this time.

"Are you going to suspend him?" Hudson asked excitedly.

Mr. Scotts eyes turned to Hudson's overwhelmed facial expression.

"No, What I'm going to do is keep him in detention after school for... Let's say, three weeks. Hopefully he'll learn his lesson there." He said grumpily.

Hudson grew a look of disappointment. I smiled to myself. Sure detention sucked, but, it wasn't as bad as being suspended.

"Now, I think we're done here. All you boys get back to class now." He said and returned to his office.

Mrs. Rodriguez led us back to class. Hudson and his friends were glaring at me the the whole way back.