Chapter 41

"What are you doing here?" William protested. He had got over being absolutely terrified, and was now furious.

Lucian gave a toothy grin, "I just wanted to see how little Aiden was doing. Also, to check up on you, William." He said.

"I'm fine, now leave." I said, trying to act courageous. I stood up from the couch to face Lucian and William.

"Oh really, because, I don't think you really are, fine. What was that little scene you had in the theatre at school today?" He asked.

My eyes grew wide, "How do you know about that?" I asked shakily.

"I heard it going around." He said with a slight evil chuckle.

"So that was you." Henry said in a small voice.

I looked at him and nodded, then turned my attention back on Lucian.

"You pretty much exposed the existence of vampires to a whole school." Lucian said.

"Nobody knew what was going on, they didn't see anything." I replied.

"Oh, then, why did I hear kids saying that you're a vampire?" He asked.

"I don't know where you heard that." I said, balling up my hands into a fist.

"When I hear something important, I keep my ears split for any details... Plus, I have other ways of getting information." He said in a poisonous voice.

"People just think it was fake." William told Lucian.

"That doesn't matter. Aiden Gecker has broken the most important vampire law. Exposing us all. With that, he must die." Lucian said with a devilish smile.

I felt faint. Henry could tell I wasn't okay so he sat me back down on the couch.

"He doesn't need to die Lucian! You're not even part of the government anymore!" William yelled.

Lucian was silent for a moment before speaking again, "You're right, I'm not. But, if I tell someone who is, than little Aiden is going to be in big trouble."

"You wouldn't, you made Aiden for a reason so use him instead of killing him." William said in a softer tone of voice.

"I did make him for a reason, the same reason I made you... I want a vampire army to take over the government so that I will be in complete power." Lucian said while putting a fist in the air.

"That will never happen Lucian. I left you and Aiden has left you as well. How many vampires do you think, really want to stay with you and join your army?" William asked.

"I already have hundreds of vampires on my side as we speak. Don't forget that no matter what, you're both sired to me." Lucian said to both William and I.

"That means nothing! I wouldn't follow you if my life depended on it!" William rose his voice again.

"What life, Will? You're dead." Lucian said, then he turned and left the building. Running into the rain and darkness.

William slowly closed the door and ran Lucians comment over in his head.

"Well that was... Something." Thomas spoke up.

Nobody answered to what he said. Nobody talked at all.

"I'm going to lie down." William said and walked into his bedroom.

Once he was gone, Henry stood up, "Um, when can I go home?" He asked.

Everyone turned their attention towards him, "Oh right. Uh, I don't think you want to go out there. The wolves may still be close." Meagan said. Everyone else agreed.

"Just stay with us for tonight." Oliver said.

Henry looked around at everyone and quickly gave in, "Okay, only on one condition. Please don't eat me overnight." He said which was followed by laughter from everyone else.

"Deal." Meagan said.

Everyone left to go to bed and Meagan brought Henry a blanket. I told him I could sleep on the floor so that he could sleep on the couch.

"Goodnight Henry." I said once all the lights were turned out and he and I were comfortable.

"Goodnight Aiden." He replied and fell fast asleep.