Chapter 17

Class was slow.

With Hudson and his jerk squad quietly annoying me the whole class, it felt like hours.

But, the bell for lunch finally rang and I could finally relax. For forty five minutes.

I was the first to leave the classroom and was heading down the chaotic hallway.

My hearing seemed to increase so it seemed as though I could hear every breath taken by everyone in the school.

I arrived at my locker and was greeted by Henry.

"Hey." He said all cheery like.

"What's up with you?" I asked. I opened my locker and shoved my binder in it.

"You know Samantha Michaels, right?" He asked.

I nodded my head.

"She asked me to the dance next week." He squealed like a five year old girl.

I laughed and shook my head, "Nice job Henry. How'd you get her?"

"I don't know. She just came up to me." He replied.

This let a light bulb in my head switch on.

"Um, Henry. Buddy, you don't think that was... You know, like a... Prank?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

We began walking towards the school doors. Our usual routine was that we always went out for lunch. Even if we didn't have any money, we'd still go somewhere off campus and hang out.

"Are you saying I can't get a girl like Samantha without trying?" He questioned. Obviously disappointed at my doubtfulness.

"No, no, no. I'm not saying that." I covered.

"Than what are you saying?" He asked.

I tried to think of a way out of this. I always say the wrong thing. I thought.

"All I'm saying is... That maybe... She was influenced to... Ask you to the dance. I mean, she's with the populars. I wouldn't trust her or them" I said in the most polite way possible.

"I think that's ridiculous. Maybe the populars are finally taking me in to their group. You're just jealous." He said crossing his arms.

"Me? Jealous? I'm the one who danced with Grace Thomas! If anything you should be the one that's jealous!" I said. Anger started to rise up in me, and I decided I better cool myself.

I took a deep breath in and out to try to calm myself down.

"Oh yeah, you danced with Grace. And how did that go again?" He asked in a rude voice.

His question brought back the memory of Grace and I dancing. I messed up and got hit by a car. I died and now I'm a fairy tale creature that shouldn't even exist.

My anger returned.

We left the school and immediately, a cool rush of wind blew through the air. Ruffling Henry's and my hair.

"It was a small mistake." I said.

"Ha, she didn't seem to think so. She left you." He laughed.

The anger inside of me was close to boiling over. God, I have a quick temper. I said to myself.

"I think she likes me so shut the hell up!" I demanded.

He seemed taken aback by my reaction for he didn't speak for a minute.

He opened his mouth to say something when a cold hand grabbed my shoulder.

I turned around to face the person who had grabbed me, and I was faced with William.

"Oh, hey William." I said.

He didn't smile not say anything.

"Who's this?" Henry whispered to my ear.

"I am William Thorn, a pleasure to meet you. Now, if you'll let me, may I borrow Aiden for a while?" He kindly asked Henry.

Henry's expression was confused.

"Um, can you wait?" He asked.

"No, I don't think so. It'll only be a moment." William said.

"Uh, sure, I guess." He said with a sigh.

And With that, William guided me towards the school. We walked to the back of the building where a group of about five people were. In the group I saw Finn Harris.

"What is this?" I asked.

"This, is where us vampires hang out." William said as we approached the group.