Chapter 38

We all ran into the warehouse covering our heads. A warm blast of air welcomed me into the building.

"Do you only have the clothes that you're wearing?" Meagan asked me once everyone was inside. I turned to face her and nodded.

She crossed her arms, "We better go shopping tomorrow." She said, "I don't want you to be having to walk around with that on forever." She then left and went into Williams room. She soon came out with a fresh set of clothes.

She lay them on the couch and I went to collect them. I took the clothes and Meagan pointed to Her room, signalling I could go change there. I did as she told me and walked into her room and changed. I now had on dark blue denim jeans, a black t-shirt, and a black leather jacket.

When I came out, Meagan smiled, "Perfect." She said and reached for my dirty clothes which I was carrying. I handed them to her and she threw them in a basket that I assumed was a laundry basket.

"You look like William now." Thomas said, obviously not impressed.

"Glad they fit you good." William said. Suddenly his face changed to look like he had forgotten something.

"I forgot to get my phone from the car. I'll be right back." He said and left the building.

"Now you look like a real vampire." Meagan giggled as I zipped up the leather jacket. I smiled and nodded.

At that moment, William burst through the door with a worried expression on his face.

"All of you, come here." He said with stern voice.

We all obeyed him and made our way outside.

The rain had steadied a bit but was still coming down hard, "What is it?" Finn asked as we all got outside.

"Listen." William said. None of us made a sound. We all tried to hear what William was so worried about.

That's when I heard it. A howl. A long and menacing howl followed by screams and cries for help. I knew that scream. I've heard it many a time.

Henry!

His name switched on like a light bulb in my head, "Henry!" I said with a shaky voice, "We have to help him!" I exclaimed.

"It sounds like he's close to us. Just a few miles into the forest." William said and ran across the road. He turned around and looked at us, "Aren't you coming?" He asked. Everyone nodded and followed him.

"We're going to have to get there faster." I said once we all got into the forest.

"Then run faster." Thomas said and was soon gone. Vampire speed! Why didn't I think of that? I thought. I began to run faster towards Henry's screams and suddenly, everything was a blur. Trees went past me in less than a second and I soon stumbled and fell on a root sticking up from the damp ground.

Henry's screams were right in front of me now. I looked up to see him backed up against a tree trunk. He had no idea I was here.

The others were right behind me and I felt a hand pick me up from the ground, "Thanks." I said to Oliver, who was the one who helped me up.

He nodded then pointed to Henry who was terribly frightened. I then heard two low growls. I turned my head to the two beasts that had made the sound. There, standing ten feet away from Henry, were two giant wolves. They were absolutely ginormous, as big as a male grizzly bear.

One of the wolves had honey blonde fur and the other had dark brown, almost black fur. I quickly recognized them as Samantha and Luke.

They kept coming towards Henry all the while growling and snapping their sharp teeth. Henry had tears rolling down his cheeks.

That's when I did something incredibly brave. I jumped on Samantha and knocked her down to the ground. She growled and Luke turned to face me, ignoring Henry.

"Aiden?" Henry asked in a worried and small voice. That's when the fight broke out.