Chapter 24

Picture of William~

"What? What do you mean? We can't eat human food." I told him.

He laughed, "I know. We're not going to eat human food, we're going to eat humans." He said.

My stomach dropped. I looked at him as his words hit me. My brain was still trying to process it all.

"But, but William said t-that we weren't supposed to kill anyone." I stammered.

Thomas started the car and pulled out of the empty school parking lot and headed down the road to town.

"We're not going to kill anybody. We're just going to feed a little." He said.

I was horrified. I didn't want to hurt anyone. I knew that being a vampire meant sucking the life out of a person. But, William made it seem as though you didn't have to.

"Come on, lighten up. You're a vampire. We're supposed to drink people's blood." Thomas said.

I didn't care what he said. I was not, in a million years, ever going to hurt someone.

Thomas drove to the heart of the town. Where there was always an abundance of people walking around no matter what time. Lights were on in every store, restaurant, and café. People were going around doing whatever business that were occupying there lives at the moment.

"Ah, this place is great for a little snack." Thomas said as he parked the car on the side of the street. He smiled devilishly.

A shiver ran down my spine as he referred to the people as little snacks.

"Well, go on. Have fun." He said.

I furrowed my eyebrows in a confused frown.

"What?" I asked.

"Go, pick out someone and feed." He said it so simply.

"I'm not going to do that." I said.

He rolled his eyes, "In one short day William has already made you a weak vampire." He said.

I huffed at his words, "I'm not weak." I said.

"Sure you are. You can't fight and you don't even have the courage to drink from a human." He said.

"I so can! I just, don't want to at the moment." My sentence came out strong at first, but then grew weaker as I realized I didn't have any courage.

Thomas seemed to notice my doubtfulness in myself and put his hand on my shoulder.

"You don't need to beat yourself up newbie. But, if you have courage, then you would willingly do this." He said in a soft tone.

"Fine. I'll do it." I said, regretfully giving in.

He took his ice cold hand off my shoulder and smiled.

"Great." He said.

We both got out of the car simultaneously and started to walk down the sidewalk. People passed by us and that's when I noticed how hungry I was.

The sweet smell of people walking by made my stomach grumble and ache.

"You know what to do right?" Thomas asked me.

I shook my head.

I guided me to an unoccupied small alleyway.

"Pick out someone that smells irresistible. Take them to a quiet place, preferably an alleyway like this one. Compel them to stay quiet, drink their blood, and move on. Simple." He said. Keeping his voice down when people walked passed outside of the alley.

"But, do I kill them?" I asked, afraid he would say yes.

"Well, it depends. You're a newbie so it's most likely you will." He said.

My heart dropped dramatically.

"Don't worry. Police usually just assume it's a wild animal that kills 'em." He said.

That didn't help with the fact that I was still horrified at the thought of killing an innocent person.

"Come on. You are hungry, aren't you?" He asked.

At that same time he asked the question my stomach growled.

He grinned.

We headed out of the dark and damp alleyway and onto the busy sidewalk.

Where our awaiting prey were.