Chapter 32

"Hi Samantha. Hey Luke." Henry said back to the voice.

I raised an eyebrow. Who could he be talking to?

There, walking towards Henry, were Samantha Michaels and Luke Wilson. I was surprised and confused. Does Samantha actually show interest in Henry? If so, then how? And Luke? They both are super popular and it bothers me that they'd actually hang out with Henry.

I walked up to the three and received weird looks.

"You weren't kidding huh Henry?" I said to him. He knew what I was talking about and glared at me.

"Who's this?" Luke asked Henry.

"This is Aiden." He replied flatly.

"Is he a friend of yours?" Samantha asked.

"No." Henry said. His comment made my heart sink. He no longer considered me a friend.

"I see. I think it's good your not hanging out with him. It'll keep you safe." Samantha said, eyeing me up and down.

Her comment caught both Henry and I off guard. Did she know I was a vampire? No, she couldn't have.

"What do you mean?" Henry asked.

Samantha smiled and laughed nervously, "Oh nothing. I just like to put a little mystery in life sometimes." She said and elbowed Luke. He started to laugh as well.

"Okay. Well, you sure made it sound believable." Henry said.

Samantha laughed for a few more seconds before continuing on with the conversation.

"So, um, if you're not Henry's friend... Um, why are you here?" She asked.

Henry crossed his arms and looked at me. I looked around nervously and and replied, "Well, we were friends. I still like to consider thinking we are friends but uh... Well, there's just been some stuff going on."

"Like what?" Henry asked sternly.

I took a deep breath in, "I've just been busy!" I said.

He huffed, "Come on guys, let's go. Why don't you hang out with the goths Aiden." He said and walked away. Samantha and Luke followed. Leaving me alone.

I decided to do as Henry said and hang out with William and the rest of the group.

I walked to the back of the school building and found the group hanging out in the same spot as yesterday.

"There you are Aiden." Thomas said.

I smiled weakly to them all as I leaned against the brick wall.

Meagan walked towards me, sniffing the air.

"Blah, Aiden you reek like dog!" She said holding her nose.

The group exchanged glances and came towards me.

"God, Meagan's right. What have you been doing rolling in a dogs blanket?" Thomas asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head.

"Did someone bring a dog into one of your classes by any chance?" Oliver asked. I shook my head again.

"Werewolf." William said.

Everyone turned their heads and looked at William.

"You think?" Thomas asked.

William nodded his head, "I'm certain. I caught the scent walking down the hallways a month ago." He said.

"A werewolf? Seriously? Is there any other mythical creature I should know about?" I asked. First vampires and now werewolves. This was starting to get ridiculous but this time, it seemed a little easier to believe.

"Not at the moment, no." William said. Not at the moment. To me, that sounded like there was.

"Were you talking to any werewolf today?" Thomas asked.

"You dummy! He probably doesn't even know how to tell if they're werewolves!" Meagan yelled and hit Thomas.

He laughed.

"Um, you can identify them?" I asked.

William nodded and Meagan stopped hurting Thomas, "yes, your senses will develop more and soon you can sniff them out." William said.

"But that doesn't matter right now. Who did you talk to or sit close to today?" He asked.

"Um, well, I sit next to Henry in math. And Lucy and Kealey. In science, I sit next to Devon and Brittany, Travis sits behind me. Uh... Oh! I was talking to Henry's new friends today before I saw you guys and the girl said something strange. She said it's good I'm not hanging out with Henry because it'll keep him safe. She said it was for a mysterious effect though, but I'm not so sure. She seemed to be a little nervous." I said.

William nodded, "Was she talking to you only?" He asked.

"No." I replied.

"Hmm. What was his new friend's names?"

"Samantha Micheals and Luke Wilson." I answered.

"I see. There is a possible chance that your friend's new friends are werewolves. And it doesn't make it any better that tonight is a full moon." He said.