Chapter 15

"Um, I was just... In the bathroom" I said, hoping he would buy my incredibly lame excuse.

He raised an eyebrow, "It takes twenty freakin minutes for you to go to the bathroom?" He asked.

"There was a line." I said.

He sighed and rolled his blue eyes and turned his attention back to Mr. Turner.

I started to listen to Mr. Turners lesson as well.

I zoned out after about five minutes, it didn't really matter if I listened or not. I knew this stuff so well I would be able to ace the test without even coming to school once.

As I watched the clock and listened to the rhythmic sounds of it ticking, something overcame me.

The sounds of ticking changed to sounds of beating. Oh no. I thought.

I still had a craving for blood and it felt like that craving was beginning to take over me.

I looked around the classroom. Everything was like a scene from a movie. Where someone slices someone in half with a sword and they show it in slow mo.

My eyes turned to everyone in the room, and every time I came to a different person, the first thing I saw was their necks.

I could smell different scents of sweetness. I guess everyone smelt different.

Mr. Turners words sounded like slow echoes, bouncing across the room, growing more silent each time, but then replaced with a new sentence.

I squeezed my eyes shut, now feeling a bad migraine coming on.

Someone nudged me once, then again.

I just about snapped when I noticed I was back in reality.

"Aiden, you all right?" Henry whispered. His hand was on my shoulder, it seemed to be keeping me from getting taken over by the craving.

"Yeah, I think I'm good." I answered.

"What's up with you lately?" He asked.

"Nothing." I answer, looking at Mr. Turner.

The bell rang and the class was dismissed. The whole class got up simultaneously and headed for the door. Kids pushed their way out except for Henry and I, who waited.

Second period was Science for me. Henry had Gym.

We walked to our lockers together and collected our things. We then parted ways to our different classes.

I walked down the halls to the Science lab. Great, another class with Hudson. I said to myself, rolling my eyes.

As I walked into the class, I saw that Hudson was sitting at my desk with his jerk friends.

I sighed and sat in his desk instead. He looked over at me.

"Hey, Geecker, get out of my fucking chair!" Hudson yells from across the room.

The teacher hasn't arrived yet so the class was like a playground. Students running around and hollering to each other across the classroom.

I stare ahead, trying hard not to look into Hudson's mean, cold eyes.

"Hey! I'm talking to you! What are you retarded?" He asked, pushing my shoulder to make me face him. His friends behind him are snickering.

"Leave me alone Hudson." I said flatly. Looking into his eyes with no emotion for the first time.

The whole class grew quiet.

"What did you just say Geecker?" He leaned close to me and whispered, he grinned as he spoke.

"I said, leave me alone!" I stood up argued.

He laughed and looked at the class, who were watching intently.

"You hear that everyone? Aiden wants me to leave him alone." He said to everyone.

My anger was rising with each passing second. The cauldron in the pit of my stomach boiling hotter as each insult was added.

"You and I both know that's never going to happen Geecker." He said to me quietly. His devilish smile making me sick.

I tried to hold on to the last bit of control over myself. My anger growing intense and my craving for blood growing even more. I held on to my control until I couldn't hold on any longer.

That's when I did the thing no one in the class expected me to do.