Chapter 4

I arrived at my locker to tell Henry the good news. His locker was conveniently right beside mine.

"So, how'd it go with Grace?" He asked curiously.

"It was okay. She said she was going to look for me at the party. Well, sort of." I said.

He elbowed me, "Wow, Aiden Gecker is going to be dating Grace before you know it."

"Shut up." I said to him. He laughed.

I put my books back into my dump of a locker, and got my backpack.

Henry and I started walking towards the front entrance of the school.

"HEY!!" A voice yelled.

I walked right into someone.

I gained my balance and saw that I had bumped into Finn Harris. One of the goths.

The goths here were way different than goths anywhere else. These goths were stunning. Their faces were flawless and pale, which fit perfectly with their fit bodies. I don't know why they weren't popular.

"Watch where your going!" Finn towered over me. His expression was a bit to angry, I mean, I only bumped him a little.

"I'm s-sorry." I stuttered.

Another goth stepped in.

"Your apology is accepted, now please leave." He said in an old fashioned manner.

I nodded and took Henry's arm. We hurried outside, away from Finn.

"Aw man, that was frightening." Henry said, quivering.

"Yeah." I said.

"I don't know what's up with Finn, he never thought about hanging out with the goths a couple of days ago." Henry said, furrowing his eyebrows.

It was true. Finn was one of those semi-popular kids. He was nice to everyone, until one school day he showed up with the goths. He looked like a whole different person too. He began ignoring all of his old friends and just talked to the goths.

"Let's go." Henry said, awakening me from my thoughts.

We walked over to his black Ford Fusion sitting in our usual parking spot.

I hopped into the passenger seat. Henry pushed the start button and the engine quietly roared to life. He put his hands on 'ten and two', and began to back out of the parking spot.

We got onto the road and Henry decided to turn on the radio.

"You're coming to my little sisters birthday party, right?" He asked.

I sighed, "Yeah, I guess so."

"Good, you better because I'm not allowed to be anywhere else that day. The last thing I want is to be surrounded by ten year old little girls alone." He said.

"You know what the last thing I want? It's to be seen attending a ten year old little girls birthday party." I said back.

"It's fine, who's going to be at Jimmy's Jungle Gym on a Sunday anyways?" He said.

I shrugged my shoulders.

Henry pulled into my driveway and I got out of his car. I gave him a wave and he drove off.

I walked up the driveway and onto the front porch where I then approached the front door.

I opened the door and was immediately welcomed by the sweet smell of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.

"Hey mom!" I yelled.

"Hi Aiden!" I heard her say from in the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen. Mom had just taken out a batch of cookies. I grabbed one and shoved in my mouth.
The chocolate chips melted in my mouth, it was delicious.

"Oh, Aiden, can you go to the grocery store quickly and get some milk, eggs and bread?" She asked.

"Sure." I said.

She smiled and pointed to the keys on the stone counter top. I grabbed them.

"And right when you get home, you better get changed for the banquet." She said pointing a finger at me.

"I know, I know." I sighed.

I threw my backpack on the couch in the living room and headed out the door.