Chapter 33

"Tonight's a full moon?!" I exclaimed with a worried tone of voice.

"Yes but don't worry. Usually werewolves just lock themselves in a room or go far out in the woods." Meagan said which gave me some relief. But I was still a bit on edge. I didn't want Henry to get hurt.

"Seriously Aiden. Your friend will be fine." She said.

The bell rang.

"Well, I better get to class. I've got a big math test and I know I'm gonna fail it." Thomas said and started heading to the front of the school.

We all followed behind him and made our way into the building.

"I'll see you guys after school." Meagan said and grabbed Christine's arm. They walked down the opposite hall William, Finn, Oliver and I were going.

I arrived at my locker and said goodbye to William, Finn, and Oliver as they continued to walk down the hallway.

I searched my locker for my gym strip when I remembered, they were at home. The day before yesterday I had to go home with my gym strip on since Hudson stole my clothes. I sighed and closed my locker. I had to think on the bright side, maybe, since I didn't have gym strip, I wouldn't have to participate in gym.

I perked up a bit at the thought.

I walked down the halls that were slowly getting quieter and finally made my way to the gym.

I opened the doors to the gym and walked over to Mr.Evans, who was checking off the people on the attendance list.

"Uh, Mr.Evans?" I said, catching his attention.

He put his clipboard down to his side and turned to face me, "Yes Aiden?" He said.

"Um, I don't have gym strip today so uh, I was wondering if I could just sit out." I said. I was slightly nervous for what his reaction would be.

"Well, Aiden, today's your lucky day because we're not doing gym today. We're going to the school theatre shortly to mourn Olivia's death." He said.

I sighed with relief. For the first time I'm happy I killed Olivia.

As everyone entered the gym, an announcement came on, "Everyone, please make your way down to the theatre." Mr.Scotts voice said on the speakers throughout the school.

"Come on everyone!" Mr.Evans said to the class once the announcement was over.

Some kids grumbled and some hugged each other and were on the verge of tears.

We all walked out of the gym as a class and made our way to the theatre, where hundreds of kids were.

When I finally got into the theatre, a new problem had arisen. Where was I going to sit? I frantically searched the rows of seats but couldn't find an empty chair.

I stood, glued to the floor, not knowing what to do when I heard my name being called.

I looked around to try and find the source of the voice when I found William. He was sitting with the rest of the group at the top row. He waved and made a gesture with his hand to join him and the others. I felt relief spread all over me.

I walked past the people who were still scrambling for a seat and finally made it to the empty chair beside William. I sat down.

At that moment, Mr.Scott came out on stage with a microphone in his hand.

The school quieted down and waited for him to start speaking.

"Hello everyone." He said in a soft and sad tone.

"Today, we are here, to mourn the death of Olivia Hebert who died last night."

People in the crowd were crying and sniffling. A wave of guilt washed over me as I looked around at all of the sorrowful people.

Then, a different feeling came over me. It was a blank feeling, like nothing mattered. Like I didn't care about anything, not Olivia's death, not the long gone friendship of Henry and I. Nothing.

That's when the world grew darker, and darker. Until all I saw, was pitch black.