Forty Six: Jason's First Valentine

(whispers: Arkham Knight fanfic maybe) *coughs* ahem, anyway...

~

Things were back to normal within two weeks. At a month after the kidnapping, it felt how it did before that.

Apart from the fact that I am still at Wayne Manor.

However I find that I don't mind. The house is so large that it's almost like having my own place again. Quiet and calm. Secluded.

Alfred rarely lets me cook. I both miss cooking and find it extremely relaxing to not have to. At least I still get to drive myself around though.

I have met many heroes in charge of guarding me at work, so I can keep justice in this godforsaken city balanced and working.

Sometimes I have Black Bat (Cass) and Steph. Other times I might have Bluejay, Guardian, Tigress and quite interestingly- Kid Flash.

He's an alright guy.

Soon they'll be rotating, going back to their own cities. So far in the past month I have been attacked three time and whoever is on guard has foiled the efforts.

Tim has asked some of the Titans to help instead, which they are. In a few days Superboy, Wondergirl, Beast Boy and Impulse will be visiting for a while.

The entire Bat family- my family, Damian and Dick like to correct, have been working tirelessly to find any trace of Sukiyo.

Dad has pulled in some favours as well, most of the mob looking for her as well. And I myself spend most of my waking moments searching.

Sometimes, I'll be wandering around the manor or playing with Levi and Kira, when Stephanie, Cass, Damian and occasionally Bluejay will...follow me.

I'll walk into one room and within the minute they will too, trying to act like they have their own reasons for being in their. The others find it amusing.

Caelan has been made to stay here a little longer, due to the threat of Sukiyo coming for any of my family. Bruce argued that she was safe here.

My father, star struck that he was talking to the Batman, agreed almost immediately.

Believe me when I say, Caelan does not mind. At all. On any level. Due to certain Tim Drakes.

The thing I miss most about home is my wine and my garden. Bruce has a cellar and his fine is great, but I miss the ones I picked myself.

And my poor garden. I worked so hard to get it back into shape after it had been neglected during my time with Jason. That work seems to be for nothing.

Lastly, I miss my friends. Sure, I have everyone here and Kalie and Telysha. But my friends not central to my job, like Taylor or Grace or Nicky, are the ones I miss.

"Ready to go?"

I glance over my shoulder, smiling at Jason. He's dressed in smart casual, leaning against the door.

Bruce is already gone with Selina, Dick is going out to get drunk alone, Tim and Caelan, I'd rather not know, Steph and Cass volunteered for patrol with Damian.

It's Valentines day.

That faithful day where people are either happy with their Valentine or sad with their lonesome.

For me Valentines day meant staying home from school as to not be bombarded, being pampered by Hiroshi or wine with my garden.

And now it's a day spent with Jason.