•In My Veins•

Start from the beginning

"I knew this would happen one day, I'd been prepared all along." His wet face shoots up out if his hands. It was her voice he was hearing, something he had longed to hear in what felt like forever.

"You let me go so easily, how?" He looks into the broken mirror, seeing her standing across the room. He thought for a second, maybe I'm going crazy.

"How are you here?" He asks, turning to face her, wanting to touch her more than anything else.

"The memory of me is still tattooed in your mind, my voice, my body. You're drunk, imagining I'm here with you." His mouth parts, and his eyes widen in amazement but also horror. Maybe he was going crazy after all.

"This isn't logical. So you're not really here?" He asks, trying to figure it all out. He shakes his head, trying to make her disappear before his mind collapses before his eyes.

"I'm a real human, back home with my family though. The girl that is standing before you right now, is the memory you have of her. This is all you have left of her, and she's leaving soon." He breaths heavily, trying to get air back into his lungs.

"Where's she going?" His British accent was hoarse, filled with doubt and confusion. Was she forgetting him for good? Did he really want that?

"To happier places in her life, she needs to move on too. She doesn't want to lie in bed and cry any longer." His lips part, sadness filling his whole mind. What has he done to her? Pushing her away, making her cry herself to sleep, it wasn't their perfect love any more.

"How is she just going to leave me? We're in each other's mind, that's why you're here tonight." He was going frantic, losing all shreds of sanity he had left. Why had he gone and broken such a beautiful thing.

"She'll forget you two soon, and so will you. I'll start disappearing, just how it was meant to be. You're having fun with that model anyways, embed her in your mind now." How could he even begin to forget her? She'd never be out of his bloodstream.

"I'll never forget her, you'll be here forever." He started having hope, that this way he'll be able to hear her voice and be able to see her. Just the memory of her would be enough.

"That's not how it works. When she starts forgetting you, then I can leave and be with her thoughts. It might be dark up there for awhile, but you'll have your thoughts back soon as well." His heart rate started picking up, in thoughts that she would forget him soon.

She starts heading for the door, leaving him alone in the spacious room that felt small to him. He starts panicking, trying to think of ways to get her to stay. Maybe he could call her, but wouldn't that just cause her even more pain. He soon realizes, for her to stay happy, he has to let her go even if it meant him being in pain for a lifetime to come.

"Where are you going?" He asks, wanting her to turn around so he could see her face one last time.

"Away." He was scared she would say that, but he wouldn't stop her. She needed to feel okay again, without him.

"Are you coming back?" She turns around, a sincere smile and tears streaming down her face. He knew he was about to be shattered.

"No. I'm going home."  Her hand reaches out for the doorknob, hoping to have the strength to leave him looking so a wreck.

"Why?" He still wanted an explanation, he wanted to know why she was forgetting him so easily, how could she have done it so simply?

"Because you told me to." He lowers his head, letting the tears roll off his cheeks. But he regrets the act instantly, because when he looks back up, she's gone. Not even a trace of her was left behind.

Now he was left alone in a room again, to think of his thoughts. He couldn't remember the sound of her voice anymore, and he couldn't remember the things she had said to him years ago.

She had gone back home, hoping to find peace in her mind. All traces of her voice disappeared from his mind, leaving him internally torn for a lifetime. Somehow, he had never truly loved again.

This is a little short story I wrote that some of you wanted me to post! I hope you'll all like it!!

It's kinda about Harry and his girlfriend breaking up and having Kendall involved, it's very sad and I hope you'll all enjoy