Chapter 35

I skipped along the sidewalk, which had become hard in my big bulky boots. The trees were covered with my favorite white fluffy substance and I had a big smile on my face.

"Your such a kid" Kyle muttered with a deep laugh, as he was walking behind me. "When it comes to winter, yes" I said with enthusiasm as I continued to skip, this was my favorite time of the year, Christmas time!!

Even just thinking about it made me smile. I came to a quick stop when I saw a small cart selling hot chocolate and I squealed. Somebody crashed into my back as they didn't except me to stop. I figured it was Kyle and I looked behind me to confirm my suspicions as I saw Kyle.

"Bridget" he mumbled and he sighed walking to stand beside me "Hot chocolate" I squealed "Can we please get some?" I asked with my best puppy dog face. "I guess" he mumbled laughing as I took his hand and dragged him to the hot chocolate vendor.

"I didn't know that Christmas brought out the nut in you" Kyle muttered but I just smiled proudly and nodded. We stood in front of the vendor and the old lady managing it smiled at us.

"Would can I get you two?" She asked and I smiled "One hot chocolate with whipped cream" Kyle said sweetly and I looked up at him with a smile. "Merry Christmas" I cheered at the lady and she smiled brightly her cheeks pink from the cold.

"Merry Christmas to you too" she said as she topped off my hot chocolate with whipped cream. She handed the steaming hot styrofoam cup to me and I took it wrapping my purple mitten covered hands around it. Kyle reached out his hand to the lady with the money and she laughed "No, no its on the house" she replied sweetly.

"Thank you. Have a great Christmas" Kyle said sweetly "Thanks dear" the lady said and we walked away. Kyle grabbed my free hand that was not holding the hot chocolate. He leaned over and kissed me on the cheek "Merry Christmas princess" he sung and I smiled "You too prince" I sung.

We walked hand and hand down the sidewalk until we reached the store we were looking for, Nobles it's a cute little book store. I wanted to stop here to get Maddy the book she had on her Christmas list this year.

The small bell chimed as we entered and the store looked kind of like a small library. I made a small wave towards the old man at the counter as I shuffled my way over to him.

I reached the counter with a small, the man was counting the money in the cash register. "Excuse me" I said sweetly, the man looked up with a smile "Yes" he said. His hair was gray and he didn't have much left of it, "I was wondering if you have the book, The Night, I think it's by-" I explained before the man's face lit up.

"Edward Mullen" he finished obviously knowing the authors name, "Yes we do have some" he added. My smile deepened even more at the sound of that, the man got off his wooden stool and came out from behind the counter.

"I'll go get it" he mumbled as he walked down an aisle of books. "Where to next?" Kyle asked and I shrugged "I don't know, I have to get a gift for Mahogany and Alan" I said.

"What about you?" I asked "I have to get gifts for Maddy, Stephanie, and Mahogany" Kyle explained and I nodded. "You have lots of work to do" I teased and he laughed, I took a sip of my hot chocolate almost forgetting I had it.

"Here it is" the man said as I turned around I saw him waddling over to the counter. He went behind the counter and sat on the stool placing the book on the counter. The book had a green and red coloured cover and in white letters it said The Night .

"How much is it?" I asked "$13 plus tax" he said and I nodded "I'll take it" I said. I sipped on my hot chocolate once more and placed it on the counter taking out my wallet. I pulled out a twenty dollar bill and placed it on the counter and the man gave me the correct change back.

He printed the recite and handed it to me "Would you like a bag?" He asked and I nodded "Please" I added and he grabbed a bag. It was white and said Nobles on it in blue and red writing. He slipped the book in the bag and handed it to me "Merry Christmas" I sang and the man smiled "Merry Christmas to you too" he said cheerfully.

Kyle and I exited the shop after grabbed my hot chocolate. "Where to now ma lady?" Kyle teased and I chuckled "Home" I suggested and he nodded "Sure" he said.

**

Kyle and I are on the couch with a big fluffy blanket draped over us. Kyle's arm was over my shoulders and my head was lying on his chest as we watch Elf. A loud ringing sound flooded the house which was the phone ringing. "I'll get it" Kyle said as we untangled and I grabbed the remote pausing the movie.

I heard Kyle's footsteps as he ran to the kitchen to get the phone. I waited a couple of mintues hearing small murmurs from the kitchen. Footsteps were heard until I saw Kyle entering the living room. "Who was that?" I asked and his smile grew "Stephane" he said "What did they call for?" I asked and he smirked "They're coming down for Christmas" Kyle cheered.

**

"I'll get it" I announced racing to the door as I heard knocking. Today is Christmas Eve and we have a house full of people. By full of people I mean Maddy, Jax, and Gabe. I flung open the door to revel Stephanie, Calum, Mahogany, and Alan.

"Hi guys" I squealed and I ushered them in closing the door behind them. "Bridget" the all gushed giving me hugs, I let them take off their boots and coats. Then once they were all done they followed me into the living room. We had chairs, stools, and our usual couches set up in the living room for everyone.

Once Mahogany, Alan, Stephanie, and Calum got seated we all chatted for a little while. I walked into the kitchen to get Mahogany a drink of water and footsteps were heard behind me. I opened the fridge and took out a bottle of water. I closed the fridge to revel Kyle standing behind it.

Kyle quickly wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to him. He kissed me fiercely and the kiss still consumed me every time as I kissed back wrapping my arms around his neck.

After a mintue I pulled away breathlessly "Merry Christmas babe" Kyle said.

Authors Note;
Well you guys wanted it so you got it!! But this is the last chapter!!! Love you guys, please vote and comment your thoughts!!

Thanks