part 4 and 5

My heart raced as did my legs on my bike in the darkness. The night was cold, but my blood was pumping. Brown park was 2 miles away from my house. My door was locked, and my window was open. I could easily get caught, or get home safe.

I could see the entrance just a block away. I crossed the street safely and drove down the road that led to a big mystery. What did Teddy want? I could feel my stomach right under my throat. I didn't know what to say or even think at the moment. I was stupid for leaving and going to see a really cute guy at 12 AM while I was dating someone like Rob... My mind wondered from what Rob would do to me if he saw me right now, to what Teddy would do tonight. 

As I turned the last corner, I saw an old pick up truck parked next to the swingset. Then there was an open field of grass where I could spot a shape on the ground. Guessing it was Teddy, I parked my bike next to his truck and slowly approached the dark figure. I walked up to Teddy laying on the ground with his arms behind his head, staring at the sky. I turned the light on my phone and shined it in his perfect face. He flinched at the bright light and pushed it away. I laughed and layed down next to him. There was silence for a moment. I held my breath as I turned to face him. He was just smiling at the sky. He looked like he didn't have a thought on his mind.

"Right now," he said, breaking the silence. "I don't have a care in the world. This is what I do when I can't think straight or get frusterated at home. I come out here and stare at the stars." His head slowly turned to face me. We both sat there and just stared into each other's eyes.

"I wish I've had this place my whole life." I mumbled and gazed back at the stars.

"I don't know your story, or whats going on in your life, but I thought of you tonight. When I looked up into the sky and saw the beautiful stars..." he paused and I looked right into his eyes. "I saw your eyes. Because they sparkle just like the stars." 

At that moment, I couldn't hear the crickets chirp, or the cars driving by, or even my own heart beat. I only heard his words. I only saw the movement of his lips. And it was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. 

We slowly pulled together as our eyes met then closed for a meeting of the lips. This kiss didn't feel forced on me, and I didn't feel violated. I felt pure love and passion as our lips moved together, under the stars. His hand brushed gently through my hair and I touched his face just to see if he was real. He was. And so was this fairytale moment. Right now, I felt like I belonged. And I felt like we belonged together. The kiss became more intense. I gasped for breath every so often to keep it going. Teddy pulled away and tried to speak.

"Sky, I've known you for like 10 days at the most," I nodded. "but I really like you..." His soft lips kissed my cheek before he finished his sentence. "you're so different from anyone I've ever known." I kissed his lips, then let go. We both let go of each other and just smiled, laying next to each other on the warm blanket in the frisky night. 

"I want to take you out Sky, and I want everyone to know it." He pulled a strand of hair away from my eyes and brushed his hand against my cheek. "What do you say?" 

I was so lost in the moment. I forgot what time it was, what day of the week it was, I forgot about Dana home alone, I forgot about the homework that was due tomorrow... I even forgot about Rob. The only thing I remembered was the time Teddy spilled mashed potatoes all over me on the first day of school. And the day he grabbed my hand and lugged me up a  million flights of stairs. And his picture on the wall. I remembered all of this as I gazed into his eyes, waiting for the right moment to tell him my answer. 

~

I woke up to the pounding of Dana's fist on my door. 

"Sky. Get up! You're going to miss the bus! It leaves in 20 minutes!" 

I quickly sat up and my eyes popped wide open. I looked around and saw my window closed and locked, and my door unlocked. So it was all just a dream. I huffed and forced myself out of bed. I looked in the mirror and wanted to cry at the work that had to be done in 20 minutes. I scrambled to straighten my hair and put some jeans on along with a frumpy T-shirt. My make up would be "plain jane" this morning. I grabbed my completed homework and rushed out the door grabbing a poptart from the toaster. I yelled through the door: "Bye Dana, see you after school!" and ran as fast as I could down the block to catch the bus. I had just made it in time.

I opened the doors quickly as I got to school. My eyes searched for those brown, puppy dog eyes I loved to much. I couldn't find them. I had to tell him, how I felt. The dream I had last night meant something. And he had to know. I sped-walked down the hallway to Mr. Mary's room and peaked inside. Not a soul learked in the premesis. Not even Mr. Mary. I turned around to find someone standing right behind me. I ran straight into a tall, masculin guy. I hit him so hard, I fell on my butt in the doorway of the classroom. I looked up to see Teddy's smiling face. He held out his hand and helped me back up.

"Careful, you're going to get hurt!" he joked. Then he kissed me. He kissed me. As much as I enjoyed it, I gave him a confused look. He gave it right back to me. "What did I do?" 

"You just kissed me..." 

"You seemed okay with that last night..." My face lit up.

"So it did happen? I mean, we went to the park last night? And we kissed, and I snuck out of the house?" He nodded. "No. Way." We both laughed at my stupidity. Then the bell rang. 

"I've got to go to talk to coach for a football meeting, I'll see you soon." Teddy kissed me then turned to walk away. Then turned back around and said "don't forget our date Saturday night." 

I had said yes.