XXIII: Double Date

XXIII

     Planning a strategy to deceive Hina, isn’t an easy task, that's for sure. Somehow, she's always a step ahead but this time I'm going to use the element of surprise. Something Hina wouldn't think about it, nothing to complicated, or suspicious. Keeping it plain and simple is they key but nothing to easy, that Hina can think of. Something unexpected.  

     "You know we could just make her say what she did." Jayce intruded my thoughts of a perfect plan. 

     "Hina is more intelligent than that. She's not going to just talk about killing my parents." Like we need a good plan. Recording her, that's just plain stupid! 

     "You can always talk her way into it. Hina is intelligent but once you provoke her and make her look pathetic, she'll talk you down and make sure you learn your place." I took a moment to think of what Jayce said. Maybe, he's right... it’s not complicated and Hina would think something beyond a confession. But,  why does he have to be right? Like I'm supposed to be the one who's right! That's how it should work! 

     "Hey! Earth to Evelyn!" 

     "Yeah... Sorry. Well I guess that'll work. It's simple but Hina must be thinking we or I would do something big. She wouldn't realize anything suspicious if we just talk. I just need to make sure of what I say. Don't want to rouse suspicious." 

     "Okay. Let’s do this then." Jayce explained me the plan and I was impressed. It sounds like he's used to this kind of stuff. It makes him look like a bad guy which was kind of cute. 

     "I might say. You’re pretty good at this kind of things." 

     "I'll take that as a compliment." Jayce made as I rarely give him compliments. In this time since Jayce and I met, I never realized how he felt. Like what he thought of me. 

     "It was a compliment by the way. If we want to put our plan in action we better find Hina. I never saw her in the last 24 hours which makes me think she's up to something." 

     "Yeah if the wedding is in two days, I doubt she's out playing golf or something." 

     "Haha, very funny. I'm being serious. She's up to something. I know it." At that time I heard something coming from the backyard. I walked over to my window and everyone was working like they did everyday but something felt different. 

     "What's with you?" 

     "I don't know but I have a strange feeling." 

     "Don't worry. You’re probably just worried about the plan. It has to work. It's too simple, even for Hina, it can't possibly fail." 

     "I'm not worried about the plan. I don't know." I heard footsteps coming from behind and then Jayce’s soft hand touched my shoulder as I turned around. 

     "Calm down. Everything will be fun. You can trust me." Somehow Jayce’s comforting words made me relax but soon the moment was interrupted as someone knocked on the door. Jayce and I returned back to reality as we both just stood still in awkwardness.

     "Aren't you going to open the door?" Jayce asked. 

     "Oh right." But that's when I remembered no one knew Jayce was here. I'm still the princess and if someone founds our there's a boy in my room, especially Edward’s son, gossip will spread fast and things will get ugly. 

     "What are you doing open the door." Jayce was curious to why I stopped as the person behind the door kept knocking. I ran back to Jayce in a hurry.