XX: Back at Square One

XX

"Jayce, you want to grab a bite to eat. I know this amazing restaurant. You'll literally die for the food." Bianca broke the stare as she held onto Jayce's arm tight.

"I'm sorry but I'm working right now. Maybe another time." Jayce replied back in such a way I couldn't be upset or happy with his answer. Happy he said no but sad because he considered the thought of a meal with her. If this is what you call jealousy I don't like it a bit. I sighed again, moving away and going to my paint and brush. I think that's the only thing I'm good at.

Since Bianca disturbed our little stare off if that's what you call it, I couldn't tell what Jayce was trying to say. Was he saying "I'm sorry for being angry," or "Please come back," or even worse "It's for the best." It was better than those words coming from his mouth because if it did, I wouldn't have the slightest idea on how to reply back or how to react. I'll just be a lost people in my thoughts.

While doing my messy paint job, I kept looking at Jayce, Bianca, and my room. I kept being paranoid of how Hina would step into my room, and find the file. I haven't been able to even read it yet, and the curiosity of what that file contained literally killed me, just like it did with that cat.

I couldn't stand it anymore. I just had to know the big secret. I examined my surroundings. Jayce being occupied by Bianca and I stopped there as my eyes didn't want to move but I carried on. The other workers were busy with work and Hina, she wasn't in sight. I quickly scampered to the Palace. I looked around, making sure no one was following me and that no Hina was around. Seeing as the coast was clear, I entered my room and shut the door. I darted towards my drawers, anxious of the results. I gripped the file tight, and without thinking much, I rapidly opened it to discover its contents. When I heard a familiar voice my heart started to race.

"What are you doing here?" Jayce barged in my room, and being scared of the thought of being caught, I placed the file behind my back! This wasn't the smartest move, as it was easy to spot.

"What's that behind your back?" Jayce knowingly questioned me. Oh no! What should I do? Ahhhh should I tell him? It wouldn't do any harm but I don't know. You just can't really trust anyone these days.

"Ugh, nothing" I replied. As I decided this mission for revenge, I wanted to take it solo.

"Show me what your hiding," he demanded as he stuck his hand out thinking I was going to give in and place the file behind my back into the palm of his hand. With Jayce being clueless, I slowly walked up to him as he rolled his eyes because of how long I was taking.

"Hurry now!" Jayce was becoming impatient. I slowly approached him and when we were only centimeters away, I sprinted to my washroom and locked the door.

"Evelyn, come out right now. This is no time to be childish. Show me what your hiding." Jayce pounded the door, yelling at me to open it.

"This is none of your business and we don't share a relationship anymore so do me a favour and just leave, will ya." There. That should put him in his place. I actually felt good yelling at me. Keeping anger in your self doesn't help anyone. I was happy to release all that stress.

"You're right. It's none of my business. Just come out to the backyard before Hina founds out." Jayce gave up which was unlikely but I didn't care anymore to think about it.

"Found out what?" Another familiar voice entered my room. I knew who that voice belonged to.

"Nothing." Jayce replied to the owner of that voice.

"Why are you here in Evelyn's room and where is Evelyn?"

"I was just about to leave," Jayce said it straightforward to Hina's face which I found a little amusing.