Stuck Inside (Vikklan)

((Paring: Vikklan
Song: none
Genre: angst
Side-notes: I kinda pumped this out in a couple hours :) Also, big thanks to wildwolf for the amazing idea towards the middle/end (you'll see). So this takes place during this year's ski trip, before Lachlan, Rob, Preston, and Vik flew out to Quebec and were still at Rob's. Also, I apologize if I got Vik's girlfriend's name wrong. I'm not quite sure what it is - whoops.))

It had to be me, didn't it? Rob just had to take the only car we had and leave me behind with Vik and his girlfriend. He couldn't have left Preston behind or taken me instead, but Rob loved his fun, didn't he?

I knew Rob found the concept that I was in love with a man who was straight as all hell hilarious. He found it even funnier that Vik didn't bother to tell us that he was even dating anyone until he showed up at the airport with a girl we had never met. It only made sense for Rob to leave me alone with them.

No matter how funny it was to Rob, nothing about it was humorous to me. I couldn't find it entertaining that I looked forward to the trip, only for that excitement to get ripped from me. Rob would never understand, since the man he was in love with loved him back, and I would never understand the humor he saw in my situation.

After arguing with Rob for twenty minutes, I knew I had lost and retreated onto the couch. He said that he and Preston were only going to go pick some stuff up from the old apartment, but I knew they'd extend the trip. It was what Poofless did, seeing as Rob always skipped his pre-planned flight home from Texas whenever he visited. Defeat and dread settled in as I dragged my laptop onto my lap and logged into YouTube.

The front door opened and shut without a word of goodbye being uttered out, but there was still rustling around the house. High pitched and playful squealing paired with the thud of footsteps sounded from the other side of the house. I obviously figured that Vik and Kate were messing around and doing couple-y shit, and that hurt like hell. But I ignored it and just double checked my upload schedule.

It went quiet for a bit, before Vik appeared in front of me and literally jumped into the couch to the left of me. Kate took the space next to Vik.

"Hey, Lachlan. Where'd Poofless go?" Vik asked, Kate giving him a small shove and sending the two of them into a giggle fit.

"They needed something from Rob's old apartment. Pretty sure they're going to go out to eat or something too," I mumbled in response, pretending to pay attention to my computer.

"Huh... They'll probably forget that we aren't in any way familiar with the area," Vik thought aloud, looking at the wall in a distracted way.

"What's with that philosophical look, huh?" Kate teased, poking Vik. He shrugged, a smirk on his face.

"I'm a philosopher, was that not obvious enough?" Vik joked, stroking his unshaven stubble. I rolled my eyes and let out a quiet sigh.

The two of them were obnoxiously good together. It really wasn't fair, in my eyes. Especially the part where Rob stuck me in a house alone with them. It was bad enough that I was stuck in one-sided love, but to have shit friends too? Man, I was just winning the game.

"Lachlan, what's up? What's been happening lately?" Vik glanced at me, an uninterested look on his face. I didn't think he could tell I noticed.

"Just... video grinding and stuff," I sighed, looking at my empty computer screen. I didn't even have anything open anymore, I was just making those little boxes on the screen by dragging and clicking the mouse around.

"That's it? What about... Erm- How was your flight?" Vik continued, trying to keep conversation going.

"Besides losing one of my bags? Great," I sarcastically replied.