Hospital (Merome)

((Pairing: Merome
Song: none
Genre: FLUFF GALORE
Side-notes: I've been really excited to write this. Also, I have never broken a bone or been the one to ever need to go to the hospital (that's my brother) so I can't promise that all of this is accurate.))

Jerome had always loved skateboarding, so it only made sense that Mitch bought him the pennyboard that Jerome had been dying to buy for the last couple of months. The pennyboard was the perfect Valentine's day gift, despite Mitch's low key need to get something of higher monetary value. The only reason Mitch didn't feel a strong need to return the board and get something else was that he knew Jerome well and Jerome could care less about money. That was partially why Jerome tended to treasure small little trinkets and wasted his money on expensive but useless items.

Mitch knew Jerome well, but he never truly thought through his decisions. Having known Jerome since fourth grade, it should have occurred to him that giving a reckless person something with wheels was a bad idea, but it never did. It was only natural that Jerome ended up trying to use it in a potentially harmful way which, in his case, was using it in the house. Mitch wasn't even there to see Jerome fall, all he heard was a thump and a loud "FUCK!" resounding from the kitchen. When he ran downstairs, he just saw Jerome laying on the floor, clutching his right arm.

"Um..." Jerome was trying to come up with an explanation that didn't sound as lame and idiotic as what had actually happened, but he couldn't focus on anything other than the pain in his arm.

"What did you do?" Mitch ran his hand through his hair and stared at Jerome. He seriously hoped that Jerome didn't hurt himself badly.

"I may or may not have rode the pennyboard around the kitchen and fallen. I also kinda maybe hit my arm on the counter on my way down and then landed straight on it..." Jerome tried to push himself up and hissed in pain when he attempted to move his right arm. Mitch immediately rushed over to Jerome to help him up.

"I should probably take you to the hospital, Jerome." Mitch carefully held Jerome by the waist and pulled him up so he could stand.

"No! I'll be fine! Besides, I don't want to ruin today. It's Valentine's day and I want to spend it together and enjoying each other's presence, not at the hospital." Jerome stared at the ground in shame because he genuinely didn't want to ruin their day.

"I don't care where we're spending the day as long I'm with you, okay? I just want to make sure you're fine and nothing seriously wrong happened when you fell."

"Fine..." Jerome followed Mitch to the doorway to the garage so they could get ready to head out. Mitch easily put on his shoes, unlike Jerome who was struggling.

"Need a little help?" Mitch couldn't help but giggle at how ridiculous Jerome looked, hopping up and down while trying to put his sneakers on with only one hand.

"No..." Jerome continued to try to win a war against his shoe until gave a defeated sigh and tossed his shoe at Mitch. "Yeah, I need help." Mitch quickly slipped the shoes onto Jerome's feet and just about dragged him into the car.

"Did you hit your head when you fell?" Mitch asked as he pulled out of the drive way. Jerome shook his head to say no. "Okay, that's good. What if you have a broken arm or something? What'll you do about recording?"

"No PVP, I guess? I mean, if it's nothing serious, then I just shouldn't do too much with the mouse, right?" Jerome shrugged, staring at his arm with a frown on his lips.

"Hey, remember that time in fifth grade when you broke your arm by skateboarding down the sledding hill?" Mitch took his eyes off the road for a few moments to look at Jerome.