Part 2: Company「Takahiro」

Începe de la început

I walked on over, and felt his forehead. He was heating up bad. I decided to be nice, and went to prepare him a cold towel to place on his forehead. I laid it on his forehead, and sat on the other couch next to him. It only felt right to keep an eye on him no matter how much I disliked him at this moment.

I had a passing thought, and went to check his pocket for some form of ID or driver's license to verify who this guy was. I found a ratty old wallet in his pocket, and pulled it out. I saw his school ID. Surprisingly he went to the same high school as I did. The name on the ID read out Yuki Kimoto. I had never heard of this guy before.

I looked over to him. His long bangs drooped over his face. If anything, he looked like the male version of Sadako or whatever that bitch's name is from The Ring. His hair was black like hers, and hung over his face. He just looked plain weird, and like some vampire. I was freaked out by him instantly.

I went to sit back down, and ended up falling asleep on the couch. Everything just tired me out, and I fell into deep slumber.

======

I woke up, and wiped my eyes. Man what a crazy dream I had. There is no way some kid is in my apartment. I opened my eyes to see the creep still on my couch. God damn it. I cursed myself in my head. I have to really deal with this situation. What was I suppose to do? He doesn't want me to notify the police, and he has no family. This was not happening right?

I looked at the clock, and I was already late for school. I guess today I will ditch the whole day. I rather ditch than have to explain why I am late.

I went into the kitchen to prepare some coffee, and have a smoke. My brain was pounding, This situation isn't good at all.

I decided to prepare two cups just in case that guy wanted a cup. I heard shuffling in the living room, and I noticed he had woken up. He slowly sat up, and winced in pain.

"Hey you okay?" I walked over to him, and handed him the cup of coffee.

He shoos the coffee away. "Thanks, but no thanks." He says.

"Fine. More for me." I placed the cup on the table, and went to stand close to him. "Do you need me to change the bandages?"

"I am fine." He doesn't make eye contact.

"What do you want to do now?"

"I don't know."

I began to get irritated again. This kid was not giving me any choices, and making me make all the big decisions here. "Look, you need to get out of my apartment before whoever comes here, and hurts me."

"Yeah."

"Get out." I pointed to the door.

He slowly stands up, and starts moving towards the door. I realized he limped as he walked. Was his legs injured too?

"Hey is your leg okay?" I decided to ask.

"I am fine." He unlocks the door, and leaves without shutting the door. What a punk!

I ran towards the door, and saw him limping down the hallway. Did I make the wrong choice by letting him go? I thought about it, and came to a conclusion that I didn't. That guy was not my problem. I already did a good deed, and tended to his wounds. I did no wrong.

I turned around to the blood stains on the floor, and couch. I groaned knowing I had to clean that up well or people will really assume I killed someone.

I went towards the laundry room, and got some bleach, and cleaning equipment. I started scrubbing away, and that was practically my day.

======

The next day I went to school as if nothing had happened. Of course I got the question from everyone on where I was at, and I had to make up some bullshit excuse with me waking up late, and having to do errands. Technically it wasn't a lie.

"Hey buddy." Shoji came to sit down next to me. Shoji was one of my innocent friends. The kind that has that perfect slicked back hair, and glasses. He didn't talk much, but we ended up becoming friends since we sat next to each other in history class.

"Hey man." I wanted to tell him about what happened yesterday, but I couldn't. I hate answering questions, and I hate explaining things.

"Look at that girl checking out the teacher again." He points to one of the female students named Ayumi. She was always eyeing Mr. Sahara. A lot of girls eyed him since he looked foreign. He was the only professor with blonde hair. It was weird, but it did make the guy stand out to the ladies.

"Girls." I chuckled.

"Yep, that is why I don't need a girlfriend just yet. I would be too scared that she will check out a teacher."

"My girl doesn't."

"That is because you got lucky."

"I guess."

The professor came in, and started his lecture right away. I didn't sleep during the class period, but I zoned out a lot. My mind couldn't get off of that night with that guy. I guess a part of me was scared that he was going to get killed because I made him leave. What if the person that stabbed him, stabbed him again? My mind was feeling guilty. I needed a smoke real bad.

======

After class was over, I left the classroom quickly. I had to get fresh air quick, or I will go insane. I walked out in the hallway, and saw a small group crowding around a locker. I went towards it, and saw a bunch of punks picking on some guy.

"Wait.." I took a good look at the guy, and realized it was Yuki!

One of the bullies named Guncho grabbed his collar. "You are gay aren't you? You are a F-A-G!" He laughs. "Do you know what that spells?"

Yuki doesn't budge,and just seems emotionless.

"You like cock don't you? You look like a girl." The other bully said,

"Hey cut it out!" I pushed through the crowd, and approached the group.

"Taka, why the hell would you defend this gay ass?" Guncho, the main bully said.

"I'm not, but cut it out. He ain't worth the trouble." I smirked.

"Yeah I guess." He released Yuki's collar. "You got lucky there princess." He said to Yuki. "Taka, catch you later." He gives me a fist bump, and left with his group.

The kids in the hallway disbanded to lunch, and I was left there with vampire boy.

"You got something to say?" I looked at him, hoping he would thank me for saving his ass twice.

"No." He glares.

This guy pissed me off every time I see him. "I saved you again."

"I didn't ask for your help."

I grabbed his collar, and pushed him against the locker, and he didn't seem surprised at the least. "Go ahead, and beat me up."

"Don't test me because I will. I don't care if you are hurt or not." I said fiercely in his face.

"Go on."

Is this kid for real? I released him. "Like I said earlier, you aren't even worth my breath."

"I don't want to be worth anything to you. You are nothing to me." He remarks.

"Fine, don't ever come to me for help, and next time I won't help you."

"Fine." He gathers his things from his locker, and starts to walk off.

I watched as he walked off. He was still limping. My chest ached just watching him struggle. Why am I even giving a shit? I am too good of a person sometimes. I just couldn't help, but feel sorry for the bastard.

To Be Continued