Chapter 30

"So who in SHIELD would launch a domestic missile strike?" Nat asked, looking at all of us.

"Pierce." Steve answered.

"Who happens tone sitting on top of the most secure building in the world." I added. Steve looked at me but this not with anger.

"He's not working alone. Zola's algorithm showed the Marin star." Steve said.

"So was Jasper Stilwell." Nat added. I looked around the room at everyone.

"So the question is, how did the two most wanted men kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?" Steve asked the question we were all thinking.

"The answer is, you don't." Sam laid down a filed in the middle of the table.

"What's this?" Steve asked taking the file. Sam folded his arms as I stood up.

"Call it a resume." I filled a glass with water and leaned against the table, half sitting on it.

"This is Bacumal. Laid condyle mission. That was you? You didn't say he was a Para rescue." Nat said to Steve, also looking at the file. I took the photo out from the file and looked at this.

"This Riley?" Steve asked. Sam glanced at the photo in my hands.

"Yeah." He answered quietly.

"Heard they couldn't bring in the choppers with the RPG's, what you'd use? A cell shoot?" Nat asked him.

"No, these." He laid down another file. I shook my head at him. He looked at me.

"You so ready for this, weren't you?" I asked quietly. He smiled slightly and shrugged. Steve looked up at him.

"I thought you said you were a pilot." Steve said.

"I never said pilot." Sam told him. I shook my head at him. I looked around me and saw a little flash light. I picked it up and pressed a button. A little red dot came up on Steve's forehead. Sam chuckled a little but held it back.

"I can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason." Steve tried to make him rethink about all of this. Sam shook his head as I moved the lazar pointer around Steve's body, getting a little laugh out of it.

"Captain America needs my help. No better reason to get back in. And stop it." Sam took the lazar pointer out of my hands.

"Where can we get our hands on one of these things?" I asked, turning serious again. I picked up the picture.

"The last one's at Formed. Behind three guarded gates and 12 in steel wall." Sam answered, giving me back the lazar pointer.

"Shouldn't be a problem." I told him.

I leaned against the side of the roof, waiting for Sitwell to walk out as Nat and Steve fought over the lazar pointer. I shook my head at them.

"Just give me the god damn lazar pointer." I took my little toy away from them. Steve pouted slightly but gave up and started to watch with me. Sitwell walked out with an older man with men surrounding them slightly.

"Now." Steve whispered in my ear and I pressed the button. I aimed it at Sitwell's chest as he talked to Sam on the phone. Then he walked away. I stood up and sat on the edge of the roof. Which was probably very dangerous.

"Rae, off. Now." I raised an eyebrow at Steve as the door to the roof was shoved open. Sitwell fell to the ground. "Tell me about Zola's algorithm."

"Never heard of it." I walked over and grabbed the back of his suit.

"What were you doing on the Marine Star?" I asked him. He gave me a look. I let go off him and started walking back to the edge, knowing he wasn't tell us. Soon Nat and Steve had him next to me.

"That you can throw me off the roof? Cause it's really nor you style, Rogers." Sitwell said. Steve nodded and stepped back.

"You're right, it's not. It's theirs." I kicked him off the roof and listened in pleasure as he screamed for his life on his way down.

"Wait, that girl from accounting. Laura, Les-""Lillian. Lip piercing right?" Steve interrupted Nat.

"Yeah, she's cute." Nat said.

"Yeah, not ready for that." He told her. I snickered slightly. I moved back slightly as Sam flew up and threw Sitwell done back down on the roof. All three of us walked over to him. Sitwell held up as I walked closer to him. Fearing I was going to do that again.

"Zola's algorithm is a program choosing insight targets." Sitwell told us.

"What targets?" Steve asked.

"You, Rae, hacker in college, secretary of defense, high school valedictorian, Banner, Stephan Strange. Anyone who is a threat to Hydra, now or in the future." He told us.

"The future. How could it know?" Steve questioned him more.

"How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book and Zola taught Hydra how to read it. Bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, emails, phone calls, the damn SAT scores. Zola algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future." Sitwell explained.

"What then?" I asked. Sitwell flinched in fear.

"Then the insight helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time." He said. I grasped his raised arm, and jerked him up. Steve was about to go for me but Nat held him back. I shoved Sitwell's arm behind his back.

"Walk." I hissed at him. He did what I told him and we all walked out of the building. I jerked open the back door and shoved him in. I got in, shutting the door. Nat got in the other side and so did the others. Sam quickly drove away. I could feel Sitwell shivering in fear.