Chapter 33

Look at the smirk. Look at it. LOOK AT IT. It beautiful.

We walked up to the headquarters and made our way into the building and to a lock door. A man soon opened the door.

"Excuse us." Steve said and the man moved. We walked in and Steve against the desk, pressing the PA system.

"Attention all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were ordered to hunt me down. And I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by Hydra. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The Strike team and Insight crew as well. I don't know how many more but I know they're in the building. They could be standing fight next to you."

"They almost have what they want, absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, Hydra will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot but the price of freedom is high, always has been. It's a price I'm willing to pay. If I'm the only one, so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." Steve looked at as he ended.

"Did you write that down first or was it off the top of your head?" Sam asked. Steve shrugged and we ran out of the building. "Hey Cap. How do you know the good guys from the bad guys?"

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." Steve answered. Sam grabbed onto my shoulder holster and flew up, dropping me on the ship below. I pulled out two guns and started shooting as I ran to the door. Steve ran in front of me and I flipped over a crate, landing on a man.

"Oops." I pulled out a grenade and threw it to the other side. It exploded, knocking the men back.

"Hey Cap. I found those bad guys you were talkin about." Sam said through the ear piece. I looked over at Steve, saw he was kind of busy.

"You okay?" I asked Sam.

"I'm not dead yet." He answered. I ducked down as a bullet whizzes past my head. I shot at the man, bringing him to his knees. I busted the back of my gun under his jaw, knocking him out. I backed up, looking around for more. Not seeing any, I yanked open the door.

"Steve, I'm in." I told him as I ran for the servers.

"I'm good up here. Switch the blades." He ordered me.

"Eight minutes, Cap." Maria said.

"Rae's working on it." Steve answered. I made it to the panel and opened it. I took out a blade and I switched it with the defective one. Steve was behind me when I turned around.

"Alpha lock." Steve grabbed my hand and we ran back up to the top.

"Bravo lock." Sam added. When we ran through the door, men surrounded us.

"Hey Sam. We are going to need a ride." He told him.

"Let me know when you're ready." Steve then shoved us off the helicarrier.

"I just did."

Sam flew down and grabbed onto my other hand, pulling us up. He dropped us on the last ship.

"You two are a lot heavier than you look." Sam complained.

"Had a big breakfast." Steve told him.

I was shoved off my feet as Becky shoved Steve off the helicarrier. Sam went to fly up but Bucky grabbed onto his wing, throwing him. Sam pulled out his guns and started shorting at Becky. I moved behind a crate as the bullets dodged left and right. I watched a Becky flipped around, moving behind a metal object. Sam went to fly away again but Becky tore off his wing, kicking him off the helicarrier. I walked up to him, moving away from the edge. He reached down and pulled out a knife, twirling it in his hand. I too slid out his knife from my boot and flipped it.