Chapter 51

I hissed as I clenched my hand into a fist. My middle knuckle was a deep purple and blue color. I unclenched my fist and started to wrap my hand. I stopped once I heard a noise. Footsteps came towards my direction. I quietly grabbed a gun and looked around the crate. A man was standing there, holding a gun. I stood up and fired a warning shoot. The man quickly turned towards me.

"Rae?" Bucky said in confusion. I frowned at him as he slowly lowered his gun. "Rae, I'm better. I'm not going to hurt you."

"How do I know that? How do I know you're not lying?" I questioned him as we circled each other. He held up his hands in surrender.

"Please. You have to trust me." He pleaded. I looked into his eyes and saw pain. His eyes showed pain. I slowly lowered my gun and put it away. He slowly moved towards me, his hands out in front of him. Once he was in front of me, he gently touched a string of hair. "Every where, everybody said you were dead. I even went to your funeral. How-"

"People don't expect a dead girl to be up and walking around the city when she's supposed to be six feet under." I whispered to him.

He ran his right hand through my loose ponytail, taking it out. My hair flopped against the top of my bottom, longer than before. He went to do it against but the door busted in behind us. He forced us behind a carte.

"Go." I told him.

Then he was gone. I pulled out my gun and walked backwards, standing up to shoot. An arm wrapped around my waist then a hand was placed on my mouth.

Steve's point-

I ignored the medics as they raced to fix my shoulder. Sam walked behind me, trying to keep up with me as I went to the board room. Where all the Avengers sat, including Fury. They all looked at me.

"Can you explain to me why the hell we were ambushed at that facility?" I demanded, glaring at Fury. He frowned.

"Ambushed?" He asked back.

"Yes, someone was already there. Taking the information before we could have gotten our hands on it." Sam said, sitting down. He held ice to his black eye. "Pretty fast, avoided almost all of our attacks."

"They were trained. Do you think it was The Winte-""His name is Bucky. And it wasn't him." I glared at Natasha.

"This wasn't him. This person was smaller, quick, well-trained, maybe part of another organization. Possible Hydra." Sam added. I shook my head.

"Why would someone kill their own men? Just to get information that could have been taken to them." I reminded him.

"Steve's right. They would just take them the information." Wanda stated for all of us. Pietro looked over at her then back at the table. A medic came to me and urged me to sit down. I sat down and he started to fix up my shoulder, I looked back at Wanda.

"Wanda, did they have any other experiments? Anybody that would rogue?" I questioned. She shook her head.

"No, Pietro and me were the only ones to survive the experiments. We didn't anything out of the ordinary with anyone." She answered. I jerked my head over to Sam as his phone went off. He frowned then looked up at me.

"I have to take this." He stood up and walked to the corner of the room.

"What was their way of entry and exit?" Natasha pulled up the floor plan of the building and moved it in front of me. I looked at it, seeing the room that i found the bodies. I grabbed a marker and circled the room where were fought. Then I caught a sentence of Sam's conversation.

"You need to hurry up with this. I don't like lying to them." He paused. "Yes, I know. I know. Please, I want you to come home. I don't want you to be in hiding anymore from him."

"Steve?" Tony caught my attention. I looked at him. I held up a finger and pressed it to my lips, cocking my head at Sam.

"Well how much-" He got cut off.

"Do you need me?" He ran his hand over his head and sighed.

"Fine, fine. Okay. Yeah, I'll be there. What time?" He asked.

"Nine? I'll be there." He hung up and turned to us. We all were looking at him. He pointed at his phone. "Girlfriend. Wanted to know if I was coming over tonight." He sat back down and we went back to work.