Chapter 9

"We're gonna be in a lot of trouble when we get back." I told Steve as we walked back to camp. He looked at me.

"Planning on it." He told me. I looked up ahead and saw the base gate. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Steve look at me again. "We made it, little miss mayday."

"Yeah, we did." The gate opened as we all started to walk in, with all the men we have saved, tanks, guns, and trucks.

"Look who it is!" A man called out. Everyone starts to cheer and clap. I noticed Colonel Phillips and Peggy walking toward us. Steve saluted him as he stopped walking.

"Some of these men need medical attention. We'd like to surrender ourselves for disciplinary action." Steve sacrificed us to our punishment. I held my breath waiting for his answer.

"That won't be necessary." I let out a big huff at Colonel Phillips answer.

"Yes, sir." Steve said back, proudly. The Colonel turned to Peggy.

"Faith, huh?" He walked away and Peggy turned back towards us.

"You're late." I held up the broken transponder to her.

"We couldn't call our ride." I explained to her.

"Hey!" I turned to Bucky. "Let's hear it for Captain America and Mayday!" I frowned at him, raising a questionable eyebrow at him. Everyone cheered and started patting my back. Bucky gave me a look and clapped with them.

"Really, Mayday?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"Yeah, Mayday."

"The fifth on was herein Poland, right near the Baltic and the sixth one was about, 30, 40  miles west of the Maginot Line. I just got a quick look." Steve wrote down where he saw all the factories the next day. We had moved to a new underground building that was top secret.

"Well nobody's perfect." Peggy said as we moved to a bigger map with the weapon factories listed.

"These are the weapons factories we know about. Sergeant Barnes said that Hydra shipped all the parts to another facility that isn't on this map." Steve said, leaning on the table.

"Agent Carter, coordinate with MI6. I want every allied eyeball looking for that main Hydra base." We followed Colonel Phillips to a blonde woman who handed him a file. he looked at Steve, and just stared at him.

"What about us?" Peggy asked. I was wondering the same thing.

"We are going to set a fire under Johann Schmidt's ass. What do you say, Rogers? It's your map. You think you can wipe Hydra off it?" He asked Steve.

"Yes, sir. I'll need a team." He answered.

"We're already putting together the best men." Colonel stated to him.

"With all due respect, sir, so am I." Steve announced to him.

"Peggy, no." I glared at the dress she held up. She shoved it at me and I slipped it on, forcibly. I looked in the mirror and scrunched my face. She walked up behind me and placed her hands on my shoulders.

"You look beautiful. Now, come on." We walked to the bar and everything got quiet as we walked in. We went into the back room where Steve and Bucky leaned backwards to see what caused everything to become quiet.

"Captain, Sergeant." I greeted them.

"Agent Carter, Rae." Steve greeted us back.

"Ma'am." Bucky nodded his head towards me. He looked at my dress and smiled slightly.