25 - Merry Christmas

"So today is the day. You got your wishes," Mary said to you.
"My wishes?"
"Oh, you know. Snow and Sherlock," she said and elbowed you and you chuckled.
"It would be more wonderful if we could all be outside and enjoy it, instead of in here."

"I see your point," she said. "But at least we're all alive. We managed to get through it all of us. But you and Sherlock took a much harder hit."

"Especially Sherlock," you said. Mary gave you a hug.
"Merry Christmas," she said.
"Merry Christmas."

------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N! Mary"

You heard someone shout from behind and you both turned to look. Through the door, you saw Mrs. Hudson coming over and she hugged you both.

"Why on earth didn't any of you call me straight away when this happened?" she asked upset.
"It wouldn't do any good if we did. There was nothing you could do anyway," Mary explained to her.

"Aw, I guess you're right. But I did want to know! Where are the others?" she asked.
"John is with Sherlock," you said.
"How's he doing?" she asked you.
"At least it doesn't go backwards," you said and Mrs. Hudson took your hand.
"Come on, I'll show you his room," you said.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Sherlock, John, there's someone here that wants to see you," you said as you stepped inside the door. John got up from the chair and Sherlock raised his head.

"Mrs. Hudson," John said while smiling and gave her a hug.
"It's so lovely to see you all again," Mrs H. said as her arms let go of John. "Oh, look at what you've gotten yourself into," she said to Sherlock.

John put his arm around your shoulder. "How's the arm?" he asked you.
"Better," you said and smiled.

------------------------------------------------------------

The doctor had agreed that Sherlock could go outside for a moment. He, John and Sherrinford helped placing him in a wheelchair and putting some clothes on him. 

It was snowing a bit outside and Sherlock breathed in the fresh air. You couldn't see any people out, but hospital wasn't the most popular place at Christmas Eve either. 

Down the road you saw a car approaching.

"Well, I guess I have to say this is where I'll be leaving," Sherrinford said as he walked over to the car. "Wait? You're leaving?" John asked confused.

"Yes," Sherrinford answered shortly. 

You walked over to him.

"I'm sorry it didn't work out between us," he whispered to you and you just shook your head.

"Where will you go?" you asked.

"Wherever the road leads me."

"Will we meet again?"

"I cannot say. But that doesn't stop me from hoping it," he said and kissed your cheek.

"Take care of her!" he shouted back to Sherlock who nodded. 

Sherrinford got in the car, and soon after he was gone just as fast as he arrived. 

------------------------------------------------------------ 

John, Mary and Mrs Hudson went inside, leaving you and Sherlock.

"Are you gonna miss him?" you asked Sherlock. 

"Him? Not a chance." 

"He is your brother, you know." 

"Hm," Sherlock huffed and you chuckled. 

"We should get you inside. Don't want you to catch a cold," you said and was about to lead him back in. 

"Not yet. There's something I want to ask you," he said. 

Sherlock put his hand inside the jacket and took something out. 

"Merry Christmas," he said and gave it to you. It was a little green box with red ribbon around it. 

You opened it and inside there was a key. You raised your curious gaze at Sherlock. 

"That's a key to my flat and I wondered how you would feel moving in with me? " he asked. 

A huge smile appeared on your face. "Yes, I would love to!" you said happily and kissed him. 

"I haven't got time to get you a present," you said while wiping away some happy tears. 

"You've already given me one. Something I never want to switch for anything else," he said. 

You waited for him to tell you. "What?" 

"You," he said and smiled. 

You laughed and gave him a light hug, assuring not to hurt him. 

"I never wanted anyone else than you," you told him and he kissed your head. 

"Merry Christmas, Y/N." 

"Merry Christmas, Sherlock." 

THE END