24 - Things Will Get Better

Everyone at the hospital was overwhelmed that Sherlock had awoken. He just told them that he was unstoppable which made your friends and yourself chuckle. Mary had called Mrs. Hudson yesterday and told her what happened, and now she was on her way back to London.

You had asked Sherrinford about what he and Mycroft did to Damien, but he just said we didn't need to worry about him anymore.

Sherlock was still in much pain and it would take a while before he could go home. You all had to stay and watch him so he didn't leave on his own. He hated to be in the hospital, unable to go out and solving new cases with his great deductions.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Bored!" Sherlock kept shouting out. "There's nothing to do!"
"I know, but you have to stay here and get better. Only then you can go out and do fun things," you said and smiled. Sherlock sighed and leaned his head back on the pillow.

"If you hadn't been here, babysitting me, I would've been out of here long ago," he said and you weren't quite sure if it was a joke or the truth.
"Stop it, Sherlock. You can't go and wonder through London in your state anyway."

"Where's my brother?" he asked you.
"Which one?"
"The unexpected one," he said.
"He's out, I don't know where," you answered.

"Hm... I need to talk to him," Sherlock mumbled and you kissed his forehead.
"I'm sure he'll pop by when we least expect it," you said. "Get some rest, I'll be back soon."

------------------------------------------------------------

"How's the little one?" you asked as you approached John and Mary.
"Pretty good," she answered and John gave her a quick kiss.
"And Sherlock?" John asked.
"Bored," you said and all of you giggled.
"Didn't expect anything else," John teased.

Your phone buzzed and you picked it up.
"It's my mom," you told them and answered.

"Hi mom," you said.
"Hello darling. How are you? We've been worried since you haven't called or texted us."
"I'm sorry, I just forgot. I'm okay, really. Just a lot going on," you said and tried to sound convincing.
"Well, then I hope you're telling the truth. You know we would get worried because of what you have been through the past years after meeting that detective. Are you still hanging with him after he came back?"
"Yes, mom. I'm together with him."
"Does that mean you still haven't found a handsome boyfriend?"

You sighed and rubbed your forehead.
"No, I have actually," you said, not sure how she would take the news.
"Lovely! What's his name?"
"it's a.... it's Sherlock," you said and expected her to shout out. You knew your parents wasn't particularly fond of him.
"What? The detective? But I thought you said he didn't like relationships."
"I know and I did think that, but he's change since he came back," you said and you heard your mother sigh in the phone.

"Well, I know you've been happy with him. I only hope he takes good care for you and that he isn't just using you."
"I don't think you have to worry, mom. He's very protective," you said and smiled.
"Good to hear. So, I guess you're celebrating Christmas with him then?"
"Yes, I am."
"Alright, I have to go and check on the food in the oven. I'll talk to you soon, Y/N, and take care!"
"I will, mom. Bye."

------------------------------------------------------------

Later, you unlocked the door into 221B to take a shower and get some new clothes. You looked into the quiet living room. It was filled with stuff, yet it was so empty. It missed the main object; Sherlock.

Although, it would be too long before he was back here and doing what he does best. You decided to clean things up a bit before heading back to the hospital.