17 - I Belong With You

Hi! 

I have finally finished chapter 17 which was supposed to be released two days ago, but since my computer is stupid I had to write from scratch... It also turned out to be the longest chapter so far, so I hope that's okay. I didn't plan for it to be so long xD  

I'll try to catch up with the days! 

~Cumberlocked4ever 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None of you managed to find out anything yesterday. Mycroft and Sherrinford have been working practically all night. Sherlock behaved strange ever since we left the hospital. It had to be the text he was pondering over. You didn't get any chance to read it yourself because he always had his phone on him. 

You and Mary sat in the living room where Mycroft works. He and Sherlock talked in his office and you couldn't join them. Mary protested first, but she gave up when she realized they wasn't going to change their minds.
"I don't understand what it is we can't hear," he said frustrated as we waited in each chair by the fireplace. You didn't say anything, just stared into the flames.

Eventually, the two brothers came out to us and you both got up. Sherlock didn't say anything, nor did he look at any of you. He just walked straight passed you and disappeared.
"What's with him?" you asked his big brother.
"I'm sure he'll tell you," Mycroft answered and walked back into his office. You and Mary exchanged glances before you both walked out the same way as Sherlock.

------------------------------------

The drive back to Baker Street happened in complete silence. Since Sherlock didn't tell you what he and Mycroft talked about, you didn't even try to get it out of him. He kept staring out the window the whole ride. Mary on the other hand tried to call John, in hope that he would answer, but he didn't.

Just as you entered the door into 221B, Mary's phone rang. It showed a number she didn't recognize. Sherlock thought it could be Damien Darhk or one of his men, so he told her to put it on speaker so that we all could hear.

"Hello?" Mary asked.
"Hi, have I reached Mrs. Watson?" the voice asked.
"Yes, it's me."
"This is Mrs. Walker from the hospital."
You all got a bad feeling of what was next to come.
"It's about your husband, Dr. John Watson. He came in this morning. He was barely awake then. Could you come down?"
"Omg..." you whispered while the nurse talked.
"I'm on my way!" Mary said, hung up and stormed out of the flat with you and Sherlock right behind.

----------------------------------

You watched John through the door window. He was sleeping on a hospital bed. You could see a wound on the side of his head. Mary sat by his bed and held his hand. Sherlock was a bit down the corridor, talking to the nurse that made the call. You crossed your arms over your chest and looked at Sherlock just in time to see him nod you to come over to him.

"What did she say?" you asked as y

ou was standing next to him.
"He got a pretty hard blow to his head. They haven't found traces of brain injury, but they'll keep him here in case," Sherlock explained you after what the nurse told him.
"We should stay," you said, but Sherlock lowered his head.

"What is it?"
Sherlock still looked down on the floor.
"Hey, please don't shut me out. Whatever it is, you can tell me."
"I don't want to say it here. Would you come outside?" he asked and you both walked out of the hospital. He stopped and waited for some people to pass by so that we were alone. He took his hand inside his coat and took out an envelope. He didn't say anything, just looked at it.