22 - The Broken Angel

"Beep... beep... beep..."

You slowly came to consciousness. The heart monitor beside the bed you laid in was beeping. When you opened your eyes, you didn't see more than a strong, white light. You laid your head to the side and looked down your arm. It was bandaged from your wrist and up to the middle of your lower arm.

That's when you remembered what happened yesterday. You started to breath heavily and looked around in the room. John was asleep in a chair beside the bed.
"John?" you asked. He awoke by your voice and shook his head before looking at you.

"Y/N, you're awake," he said and got up from the chair and walked over to you. He took his hand over yours.
"You might find this a stupid question, but how do you feel?" he asked. You closed your eyes and sighed.

"I've been better. It's good to see you on the feet," you told him and turned to look at him. "Sherlock?" you asked.
John sighed.
"What?" you asked worried.

"His condition is critical. They're doing everything they can, but he got injured pretty bad... Some of his ribs are broken, he has a small concussion and he has lost a lot of blood. "
You looked away and your eyes got teary.

"Hey, he's Sherlock. He'll get through it. he said it himself when he came back, that he's indestructible."
"It's not the time for jokes, John." You told him.
"I know, I'm sorry. Just trying to lighten up the mood a bit," he said.

The door opened and a nurse came in.
"Miss Y/L/N, glad to see you're awake. How's your arm?" she asked.
"I don't care about my arm. I need to know that Sherlock is gonna be alright," you said with a sharp tone.

"He's her boyfriend. He's in room 46," John explained to the nurse and you looked at him. John bowed down a little and whispered, "Mary told me."

The nurse just looked at you both with a worried face.
"I need to get out of this bed," you said and started to rise up.

"No, no. You need to rest and get better," the nurse insisted but you wouldn't listen.
"John, help me take off these," you said to him and nodded towards the needle in your arm and the thin tubes attached to your body.

"No, listen to her, Y/N. You need to lay here for a little longer. Doctor's orders," he said and held you down in the bed. You sighed and gave up fighting.

"I'll check on him," John told you and left.

----------------------------------------------------

During the day, you had more visits from John, but also from Mary and Lestrade. It was good to see him again, but you couldn't take your mind off Sherlock. None of them had heard from Mycroft or Sherrinford though. They hadn't stopped by to visit you or Sherlock.

And what concerns Sherlock, there hadn't been any news. Your friends had a sad look on their faces. They tried to hide it, but they weren't particularly good at it.

As you laid in bed, one hour felt like two. You didn't catch up more sleep, and you had refused to eat. You hadn't eaten for a while, and your friends wouldn't go until you did.

The food made you want to throw up, but you managed to force it into your mouth just to please them.

----------------------------------------------------

John came in to you a while later.
"Hey, I just talked to the nurses, and they told me you could go. You've eaten, finally, and all that's left is letting your wound heal," he said and gave you a weak smile.