10 - Just You and Me

When you woke up this morning, the clock showed 10.00am and you were a bit surprised. You didn't have a good night sleep since 3th December. Still, you lay awake this night too, but you fell faster asleep. You had called Mrs. Hudson when you came back yesterday evening. She still didn't know about Lestrade, or that Sherlock had been away. If you did, she'd only insist coming home, which wasn't safe. However, you couldn't continue the acting for much longer.

When you looked outside the window the next day, it had snowed even more. It must have snowed all night. It was a pretty sight. Sherlock was up. He must have just came out of the shower because his hear was still a bit wet and he didn't have so many curls as he uses to.
"Good morning," he said when you came down, in a light mood.
"Good morning," you responded as he gave you a cup of tea. "Thanks," you said and watched him as he poured coffee in another cup.
"So, what are you doing today?" Sherlock asked.
"I haven't given that much a thought," you said while taking a sip. "What about you?"
"Nothing special planned," he said and sat down in his leather chair.

You made yourself breakfast and when you finished, there popped up an idea in your head. Before you decided to tell Sherlock, you thought it through. He's never going to join me on that, you thought. Nevertheless, you wanted to try to get him into it.

"Come on," you said and got up from the chair in the kitchen and walked over to the door. Sherlock looked strange at you.
"Why?" he asked.
"Just come, we're going out."
He sighed, "Again, with all those people running up and down the streets?"
"We're not going to walk on the streets, we're going to the park," you said. Sherlock still just sat in his chair, raising an eyebrow and keeping his look on you. Therefore, you gave him a puppy look. He turned his head and sighed. He finally got up and walked over to you. You headed down the stairs; Sherlock put his coat, scarfs and gloves on. You opened the door and walked out, followed by Sherlock who locked the door behind him. You breathed in the cold, winter air. There were much more snow than it looked like from the inside.

Once you reached the park, you saw children making snow angles and people strolling through the park, being happy in the Christmas time. A couple of people recognised Sherlock. He is after all an internet phenomenon. People sometimes stopped and asked for autographs and some stopped to thank him for everything he's done, helping with the criminals and all that.
You turned towards Sherlock and smiled. "Isn't it wonderful?"
"What?"
"The snow, the feeling of happiness around you," you said. "London is more beautiful in the winter."

You and Sherlock walked further in the park until you stopped up. "Let's have some fun," I said, but Sherlock gave you the look that said how much as a child you sounded. However, you wouldn't give up
"Come on, Sherlock. What's the use with all this snow unless we don't use it?" He just stood still, with his hands in his coat pockets, his eyes going left to right, as if he was trying to figure out what to do.
"Oh, you're no fun, Mr Holmes," you teased him and turned around, your back facing him. You walked a few steppes until something hit the back of my neck. "Ah!" you stunned and turned around. Sherlock's hands was out of his pockets, and you could see he tried not to chuckle.
"Well, you said use it," he said.

You bowed down to pick up some snow and made a snowball. You through it at him, but he ducked. "Missed!" he shouted. You was just about to make another snowball when he made a run towards you.
"No!" You shouted and reacted by running away, but him getting closer by each step. You knew you couldn't outrun him, but made my best effort to try. He was really closing up on me. As you were running, you started to laugh, and when you turned, you could see a smile on his face as well.
People where looking at you as you ran past them but you didn't care.

Suddenly, a pair of arms slung around you. "Got you!" Sherlock shouted and you both fell on the ground and laughed aloud. It was so nice to see him like that. He looked happy, and his laughter is like music.
Your eyes met as you were lying in the snow, people giving you a look as they passed by. They must have wondered what the famous master detective was doing, lying on the ground. It seemed like Sherlock noticed it too, therefore he got up and reached out his hand to which you accepted.