Chapter 45 - The memory I regret (Part 1)

Third Person's P.O.V.

- Last Memory to Remember-

- America Private Hospital -

"Tenma-kun, someone's here to meet you" Aki said to Tenma who was looking at the window then at her. "Who is it, okaa-san?" Tenma asked. "Come in, Louis" with that said, Aki entered his room with a boy.

The boy has slight blue hair that matches his grey eyes. He was wearing an inner grey t-shirt with a black-hooded jacket. He was also wearing a slight short checkered jeans. His headphones was wrapped around his neck.

The boy smiled at Tenma. "Hi, Tenma" the boy greeted. "H-Hi" Tenma answered with a stutter. "Tenma-kun, Louis here will be looking after you for a while, is that alright with you?" asked Aki. Tenma nodded. "Alright then, he's in your care, Louis. I'll see you two boys later" and with that said, Aki left the two boys. Louis sat on the chair beside Tenma's bed. "Hi, my name's Louis by the way. Louis Tategami" the said boy introduced himself then smiled. He held out a hand. "Tenma. M-Matsukaze Tenma" Tenma said then accepted Louis's greeting. "It seems like you're not sure with what you said, Tenma-chan" Louis said and concern was written in the young American boy's face. Tenma blushed a little at what Louis called him.

"Are you alright?" Louis said then put a hand in Tenma's forehead. "You don't a fever though and your temperature's normal as well" said Louis then removed his hand from Tenma's forehead. 'What am I acting?!' Tenma shouted at himself in his mind. "I-I'm fine. I'm just not sure with......." Tenma didn't continue. Louis looked at him. "With what?" he asked. "With a lot of things. I still have a lot to remember" Tenma answered.

"Then take it easy"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, it's your life so take it easy. Aki-san told me you just woken up and I think it would be better for you to take it easy" Louis explained. Tenma giggled a bit. "What's so funny, Tenma-chan?" he asked. "It's because of what you said. You're a like a doctor" Tenma answered with a giggle. Louis couldn't helped but blush a little but was soon gone and was replaced with a smile. "Well actually, my family always wanted me to become a doctor" Louis answered with a smile. "Really? That's great!" Tenma answered with his cheery smile. "Yup, so when you ever get sick just come to me!" Louis said then laughed. Tenma laughed as well.

The two didn't know that Aki was still outside, listening to them. A smile was seen in her face. This was the first time she ever saw Tenma smile and laugh again after he woke up. After a few more minutes, Aki left the hospital to see Ichinose, Dylan, and Mark.

After laughing with Louis, Tenma suddenly saw sadness in Louis's eyes. Because of his curiosity, Tenma wants to know why. "Why are you sad, Louis?" he asked which made him surprised. "What do you mean, Tenma-chan? I'm not sad" Louis answered with a smile but he was very easy to read at this moment. "No you're not. Tell me what's wrong, we're friends now, right?" Tenma said to him. He looked at him then sighed. "It's true that my family wants me to become a doctor....... And that was also my dream but................ That's not what my heart desires" Louis answered.

Tenma felt sorry for him. Tenma held his hand then looked at him. "What DOES your heart desire?" he asked. Louis didn't answer him but after a few moments, he sighed then looked at him. "My heart wants to play soccer. It's telling me to follow my cousin's footsteps in soccer. But my mind is already set, it's telling me to grab my family's dream for me to become a doctor..... It's really confusing. I don't know which I'm going to follow. My heart or my mind" Louis explained. Tenma held his hand a little tighter and he can feel that Louis was also holding into his.

"Then follow what your heart desires" Tenma suddenly answered. He saw Louis's eyes widened at this. "M-My heart? But what about my family's dream for me to becoming a doctor?" he asked. "Do you really want to become a doctor?" he asked him. "That's what my family wants then yes" Louis answered, sadness still present in his eyes. "I don't think so. You want to become a doctor because it's what your family wants. But what about being a soccer player? Who wants you to be like that?" Tenma asked him seriously. Louis's eyes widened at this and slowly held his chest. "My heart." he answered. "And who's heart is that?" Tenma asked.

"Mine"

"Then it's you who wants to be a soccer player and not a doctor. It's no one else but you, Louis. And if you want, I can support you on being a soccer player"

"Really?!"

Tenma only nodded then smiled. Tenma was surprised at what Louis's next action was. Louis suddenly stood up then hugged him. HE HUGGED HIM! Tenma couldn't help but blush but he soon hugged back. "That would be great, Tenma-chan!" Louis said as he released Tenma. Tenma nodded with his cheery smile. "You're the very first person to say that to me so thanks, Tenma-chan..... Say, do you want to be best friends with me?" Louis asked. Tenma thought for a while then smiled. "Yup! Surely!" he answered which made Louis happy.