Chapter 30 - What's going to happen? (Part 3)

Third Person's P.O.V.

Raimon arrived at the hospital and Tsurugi and Tenma was taken into two separate emergency rooms. Yuuichi was already there too but he was silent that made all of them worried. Endou looked up and looked at the hallways. Raimon followed their coach's gaze and saw Aki with the three American soccer players following behind her. When they reached them, they can see the worried expression in Aki's face. "Where's Tenma?! Is he alright?!" Aki quickly asked panicking. Ichinose put a hand in her right shoulder. "He's still in the E.R." Kidou answered. Aki's eyes widened at this, after a few seconds, they can already see tears flowing from her face. "N-No..............." Aki said. "Calm down, Aki-chan. He'll be fine" Ichinose said trying to calm her down since she was already crying. "Yeah, he's a tough boy if I should say so myself" Dylan added. Ichinose just hugged Aki and she just cried. Mark looked at Raimon and sigh. "How's the other one?" he asked. "Just like Tenma, still in the E.R." Haruna answered. Mark only nodded. Shinsuke looked at Yuuichi with a worried expression. "Yuuichi-san........." Shinsuke began but Yuuichi suddenly spoke. "I shouldn't have let him join in the match" Yuuichi said, guilt present in his voice. Everyone stared at him but he only looked at the ground.

"Yuuichi-san, it's not your----" Shindou was cut off by him. "Don't tell me it's not my fault because it is! I let him join you guys in the match without thinking of his condition! I let his feelings for Tenma control me! I shouldn't have let him played!" Yuuichi snapped. Everyone was shocked at his sudden outburst even his personal nurse. Yuuichi was clenching his fist but released it afterwards, he took a deep breath then sighed. After a few minutes, a doctor came out from one of the E.R. Endou saw this and walked to the Doctor. Everyone noticed this and some stood up while the others remained seated. "How are they?" Endou asked. "First, I want to tell you about that boy named Tsurugi Kyousuke. Can I ask if he has a family member here?" the doctor asked. Yuuichi looked at the doctor and nodded. "You must be Tsurugi Yuuichi, his older brother if I'm not mistaken?" the doctor asked. Yuuichi nodded again. "How's my brother?" he asked. "Your brother's condition is fine now, he had a lack of oxygen throughout his body that's why he fainted" the doctor explained. "I see" was Yuuichi's only reply. "But, how about Tenma?" Aki asked. The doctor looked at her then sighed. "That's what I'm afraid to tell you" the doctor said and looked at them all.

"W-What do you mean?" Aki stuttered. "We were able to save him and put his condition in stable but that doesn't mean it ends there. His life is still at risk. It seems like the boy has a severe head damage with still unknown reasons so.................. We already put him in life support because without the life support on him he'll...................." the doctor didn't continue. He felt pity for them. He saw their eyes getting teary. Aki already broke down. She was already crying when the doctor was saying what happened to Tenma. Ichinose hugged her tight, not wanting to let her go. He sat her down and wiped her tears but she was still crying. The doctor sighed again. "I better be going, Tsurugi Kyousuke will be in his room after five minutes and expect him to wake up....." the doctor paused. "But Matsukaze Tenma will be put in a private room unlike Tsurugi's room. No one will be allowed to see him until we say so" the doctor said to them. "Why aren't we allowed to see him?" Mark asked confusingly. Dylan nodded. "We're sorry but it's for the best. We're going to check on him every hour to see if his improving and recovering and if that happens, he'll be allowed to have visitors again. It might take a long time but for now, please bear with us. Excuse me" and with that said, the doctor went back in the E.R.

After five minutes, Raimon and Yuuichi went to Tsurugi's room. Endou talked to Ichinose and told him to take Aki home because she'd gone through enough for today. Ichinose nodded and went home with Aki, Dylan, and Mark. Yuuichi was beside Tsurugi's bed looking at him with guilt, guilt because he let his little brother play without thinking of his condition. Everyone was getting worried not just for Tenma and Tsurugi but also for Yuuichi. Yuuichi held Tsurugi's hand, just like when his younger brother was in a coma. He held it tightly not wanting to let go. After a few seconds, he felt Tsurugi holding into his. He looked up and saw his younger brother slowly opens his eyes.

Tsurugi's P.O.V.

I slowly opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was a bright, white ceiling. I felt that I was holding into someone's hand so I slowly looked to my side and saw my older brother looking at me. "Kyousuke, how are you feeling?" he asked me, I can see guilt in his eyes but, why? "........I should be the one asking you that, remember?" I said then gave a small smile. He sighed at what I said then smiled back but his smile quickly turned into a frown. "Where am I by the way?" I asked. "In the hospital, you passed out earlier" Haruna-san said. I only nodded. "Look, I shouldn't have let you play, Kyousuke...... It's my fault that this happened to you" I was surprised at what my older brother said. 'So that's why there's guilt in his eyes' I thought to myself. "Onii-chan, it's not your fault" I said to him but I think I made it worst. "Yes, it is. I let you play not caring about your condition" he reasoned with me but I have a comeback. "Well, think of it as a pay back to what I did to you" I said to him and laughed a little. He just looked at me and blinked a few times. "What?" I asked confused. He sighed then shook his head. "I would never do something like that to you, Kyousuke and besides, what happened to me was an accident" he said to me and gave a small smile. I only nodded in response.

I looked around and saw my team, Haruna-san, Kidou-san, and our coach. Onii-chan was beside me. But someone was missing. 'Sh**!' I inner cussed to myself. "What's wrong, Tsurugi?" Shindou asked me. "Where's Tenma" I asked worriedly. They all looked at each other and I caught coach Endou sighed. "Tsurugi, Tenma is.................. Still in the E.R." Kirino said. My eyes widened at this. "What?! What happened to him?!" I said freaking out. My older brother put both of his hands on my shoulder and looked at me. "Kyousuke, calm down. The doctor said Tenma's condition is stable.............. For now" he said to me. "For now?" I repeated the last part. "His life is still at risk if that's the answer your looking for" I heard Kariya said. 'Tenma's life is............ At risk?' I thought to myself, still shock to what I heard.

Third Person's P.O.V.

"Where's his room?" Tsurugi asked. "His been put in a special private room unlike yours and no one's allowed to visit him until the doctor says so" Aoi answered sadly. He nodded in understanding. "One last question though" Tsurugi said to them. They looked at him confused. "What is it?" Nishiki asked. "When can I get out of this hospital? I mean, I just got out earlier and now I'm back here again" Tsurugi said to them. "I'll ask the doctor then" Endou said and Kidou came with him too. After a few moments, Endou and Kidou came back. They said that Tsurugi can be relieved from the hospital after 2 to 3 days. He needs some rest from everything except for worrying about his Tenma.