Chapter 88: Different Views

Start from the beginning

"Daniella?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said not looking at him, feeling a bit ashamed.

"I don't really know to be honest. He hasn't told me much. I think they are still together but he did seem a bit down after the game Saturday. I'm sure he spoke to her but as far as I know, they are still together," he said as I nodded. I felt bad that I didn't want them to be together but she just seemed so toxic for Cesc. After what she did, how could Cesc still stay with her? It was definitely something I needed to ask him at lunch.

"But I heard you are also together with someone," he said and I could feel myself blushing.

"Um," I said pausing wondering how he knew. Unless did Elena or Demi say something to someone? Maybe Demi told Pique and we all know Pique would tell everyone.

"How do you know?" I asked confused. He gave a small smile.

"Well Ibrahim is shy but he seemed so happy when he told us this morning," he said.

When he did what?

"Oh," I said a bit shocked. I get that on Saturday he brought my flowers but only Cesc seemed to really notice. We have barely been dating and he already told everyone? I felt kind of upset but also betrayed. I thought we were going to keep this quiet until we were sure. It's not that I didn't want people to know but it's easier to decide between just you and the person instead of having everyone else give their opinion on the relationship.

"You seem a bit shocked," Leo said. It seemed he picked up on my facial expression.

"No, I just," I paused, "I just didn't know he told everyone," I said.

"You like him, don't you?" he asked unsure after a while.

"Yeah I do," I said with a small smile. I wasn't lying because I did like him, a lot but there was small voice in my head telling me I liked someone else more. After a while Leo spoke.

"So it's the gala this Friday evening," he said, "We will see you all there right?"

"Yes you will, we were invited," I replied happily.

"I take it you will go with Ibrahim," he said. I was going to tell him I was actually going with Nate but before I could he already spoke.

"I sent the invite to Antonella. I tried calling her, messaging her, emailing her," he said shaking his head, "Everything, but she hasn't replied," he said sadly. "She always attends these events with me," he paused, "Or she used to." I could see he was thinking of the times he spent with her and I could tell he was in pain.

"I'm sure she will reply soon," I said trying to be hopeful. He gave me a sad smile.

"I don't think so," he said honestly and it killed me to hear him speak with so much heartache.

"I'll be alone this year," he said, "And to think we were joking about marriage last year," he said and I could hear the miserable irony in his voice.

"You won't be alone," I said as I grabbed his hand across the table instinctively, "You'll have me there," I said, "And everyone else will be there too."

He looked up at me and gave me a smile.

"You'll save me a dance?" he asked and I smiled at him.

"Of course I will," I said.

"Well," he said standing up, "I better get going, Pep will be wondering where I am by now."

"Yeah, you would not want to upset him," I said, "He might bench you for the next game," I said jokingly as he smiled.