Escape

I look around and walk into our old bedroom, and there was something there that I'd never seen before, I haven't been in this room since Jack died... A video set up on a tv.. Ready to play.

And, being my nosey self, I hit play.

"Hey baby... If you're watching this, then it was left here which means... You know... I'm probably dead. Anyways... I just.. I wanted you to know that everything I did, The Warrior, Pandora, Angel, You, Aurey... I did it because I wanted to. I know it doesn't sound right, and I know you've been upset with me but, I wanted to. I was sick of being this low life button pusher, under appreciated by everyone besides a sassy sheriff. I was tired of being told what to do by people who didn't even have my level of intellect. I was a.. Very nerdy guy. A widowed guy. Angel killed her mom and I.. Didn't want anyone to kill her because of her power and I thought by trapping her I was doing the right thing but... Low and behold. But, I just am going through this with you because.. There were at least 5 times, yes, I counted, where I felt like taking it all back. You were all I needed and I never fucking wanted that when I met you. So, every time that thought came into my head I pushed it out with my low self esteem, and I wanted everything for myself again. You did something to me that no one else ever could and it was... Well... To show me humility. And I hated it. But I loved you. Love you. The echo eye Nakiyama made was meant for you to plug in an AI version of me, and in the process of making it I wanted Nakiyama to make me a hologram, so that I would have you but not be able to hurt people. Lucky for me, he made it so I could touch one person. And that's you, sweetheart. It was the one thing I ever did in my life that wasn't about me. But, Nakiyama died on Pandora and I doubt you'll ever find his drive. Find me. So... Long story real frigging short, i love you, and hopefully we'll be together soon. I don't regret a thing."

By the time the video stopped I felt.. Really sad. Obviously, I mean, come on.

"Seriously! Someone bring me Rhys's FUCKING HEAD!"

Oh... Right.

To the right of our bedroom door is a button to release the force field around Jacks office, walking out with no problem, other than the sharp pain of my stabbing rib, of course.

"Found him!" Jack shouts, cutting away from all monitors.

"Shit." I grunt, trying my hardest to run.

After fifteen minutes of looking in random places for Rhys, I couldn't take the pain anymore and I crawl into the main lobby, laying on the ground.

"Jack... Please.. Stop.." I whisper, crying harder than I've ever cried before.

No matter what I did I couldn't escape him. And Rhys was paying for it.

"Gravitational force breeched, please remain calm and gather into the escape pods in an orderly fashion."

Oh come on...

I try my hardest to stand up and limp slowly toward the shuttles. Arriving in the hallway where Jack sees me, his face once again taking over a thousand monitors.

"Shit, you're really hurt.." He says and I watch his chin quiver.

He cared still. He still fucking cared. How could a guy who wanted my friends dead make hating him so hard?!

"Jack. Leave Rhys.. Alone.." I sigh.

"How can you choose him over me?!" Jacks teeth clench and I see Rhys and Loader Bot racing toward me.

"I screwed up!" Rhys shouts, grabbing me by my waist as Loader Bot whips us around behind a wall, Jacks guns shooting at Rhys.

"Come out, Rhysiiiie. I don't bite. Hard."

"Holli." Rhys whispers, placing his palms on each of my cheeks.

"Hyperion is going to crash into Pandora and you need to leave before I do. You need to live." Rhys pushes some hair from my face and I scrunch my nose at him, trying to hold back tears.

I chuckle and Rhys raises a brow.

"Okay, yeah, please don't laugh I'm trying to be.. Kind of... Romantic?"

I lean up to Rhys and give him a soft and gentle peck on the lips, pulling away from him as I feel a tear come between our lips.

"No, Rhys. Jack will follow me wherever I go. My story is done. There's a broken shuttle to the right of us, and it's yours. It's your best shot."

"What?! Holli. No."

"Rhys." I whisper, putting a finger to his lips.

"Holli, please." Rhys begs as I lift him up, racing him over to the last shuttle and shutting it as tightly as I can before blasting him to Pandora.

Of course I could hear him scream at me, scream my name in objection to my choice but, I couldn't let him die for me... No one else I cared for was going to die. I've had enough of it.

"You! You let him go?! Baby! You're acting crazy! You're going to die on here!" Jack shouts, suddenly in his hologram form before me.

I sit down on the ground and smile.

"I know."

Jack begins to grow, huge, and he picks me up in his palm. I couldn't even reject, I could hardly move, the pain was all too severe and I laid limp in Jacks massive hand.

"Why are you doing this? I don't... I don't want to watch you die..." Jacks voice was hoarse.

I laugh a little and shake my head.

"You killed me a long time ago."

"God dammit would you quit being so fricking heart-rending. I love you, might hate a lot about you but for some idiotic reason I love you and I can't let you go." Jack cups his other hand around me and I feel my stomach drop.

There was a large gust of wind and the hand around me turned to a thick metal and without warning I was plunged into space. I couldn't breathe for the majority of the fall and eventually... I blacked out, Jack trying to save my life.