Echo Eye

"Wait wait wait wait wait wait... How did any of this lead to your echo eye?"

I shrug at Rhys' question and smile.

"Jack had a huge list, a plan, and everything was precise down to the very t. He even set aside times for us to... Well... Have some alone time in case things went south once we got to Pandora. But I never knew what the warrior was and like an idiot, I did everything he wanted me to... And the echo eye... God... That was an experience." I chuckle.

"Well?!" Fiona bursts.

"Well... What?"

"Tell us about the echo eye! Finish the story I mean... You're so far along, only four days until your in Pandora and releasing the warrior... The story should be ending soon... Right?!" She asks, hanging onto the edge of her seat.

I shake my head at her and sigh.

"It was a lot more complicated than that. Sure, four days until we left for Pandora but... Not everyone on Hyperion was on Jacks side, and I was roped into it. Just... Shut up and listen."

"How- how the hell wasn't everyone on my side?!"

That night rolled around and after I had finished up my meal, read a little bit of a book I found lying on Jacks book shelf, Jack strolled in and went directly to the computer.

After a moment passed I realized he was talking to Angel.

"Yes. Of course. She's always been very nice to me. But I don't trust you. Dad, you'll hurt he-"

I hear Jack grunt and kind of mutter to himself before taking a deep breath from his nostrils.

"I was asking for your blessing... Not YOUR FRIGGING OPINION!"

"Yes." Angel sounded weak.

"What's the eridium count? Where's Lilith?"

"Eridium count is almost full, Lilith isn't quite where she needs to be yet. She's struggling. That'll buy you a few extra days."

"Good, good. You haven't talked to Maya yet?" Jack begins tapping his finger impatiently.

"Yes. I have. She's also struggling."

"Well then, hopefully she'll be dead before Lilith finds her."

"If you released me maybe I co-"

Jack cuts Angel off by laughing.

"Nope! Sorry kiddo but you're just a plague on society! Can't risk my life, you're too powerful. We've talked about th-"

"Dad please, I can he-"

"Angel! We've had this conversation one to many times! You will stay in that little isolation unit until I know you're safe to be around! Hell, you're a hazard to yourself." With that, Jack hangs up on her.

This was the first real look I ever got into their relationship, first time I ever knew remotely what they were conjuring up.

Still, it broke my heart to hear him talk to her like that. She was so young and so fragile that it didn't make sense to me to tear her apart.

"Jack.." I start but he presses his palm over my mouth.

"Look, I don't want to hear it. I know you think I'm the bad guy but, she killed her own mother. And a part of me wants to protect her and another part of me wants to protect the people I love, like her mother and.. Well.. Anyways.. That was the only way."

I began to chomp on my lip, I felt anxious. I wanted to help Angel but would that be worth it? Would I die? Would Jack?

"Hey. Snap out of it. You've got a doctors appointment." Jack pulls into my hand and starts leading me out of his office, down the lobby and over to the lab.

"Don't worry, Nakiyama won't experiment on you, it's just an upgrade." Jack tries to sound reassuring but as a human being and NOT a robot, an upgrade sounded terrifying.

I pull my hand away from Jack and try to run off but he grabs me.

"Jack, please! I don't want to do this! What are you doing?!"

"Quit! Squirming!" Jack grunts as he tries to settle me down, holding me wedding style.

Jack throws me on an operating table and I see a man wearing a large lab coat and thin wire glasses.

"This will not hurt." Nakiyama says to me, a large needle full of something in his hand.

I look over at his operating tools, all nearly placed on his tray. I notice sharp utensils, wires, and a strange yet beautiful golden lens of glass. The cool, sterile appearance of the room was familiar and I tried getting up again to leave.

"God dammit! Would you just shoot her up already!" Jack yells, shoving me back into place.

Nakiyama then stabs my arms and I cry out, the needle was huge.

The last thing I remember was feeling Jacks lips on mine and him whispering to me,

"This will save you someday."

When I woke up, my head was throbbing, my arms were sore and my neck was stiff.

I try to speak up but I could barely even breathe. I hear the sound of muffled voices around me and when I try to open my eyes, it felt like they were glued shut.

"Hold it directly above, it should automatically scan. But not too close. It's very fresh."

"Shut up! I got it!"

"I'll keep the drive in my pocket. Better in my hands than anyone else's. Even yours. And if you di-"

I hear Nakiyama get slapped.

"That's a big IF Doctor." Jack says lowly, starting to tap my cheek.

"Come on, pumpkin. Wakey wakey for your buddy, Jack."

I struggle to open my eyes but when I do, my brain is suddenly filled with insane amounts of information. Literally, in my head showed a list of minerals, white gold, diamond, sapphire and amethyst. The picture above was of jewelry and once the analysis was completed, the title finally appeared as 'engagement ring'.

Once the screen faded away, I notice Jack above me, holding the ring with a cocky grin.

"How's that for a proposal, huh?! Oh and don't worry, you'll get used to it. I've got a girl here with one that will help you practice, she's best friends with Amber an-" I squeal loudly and with as much strength as I could muster, I jump onto Jack and wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him repeatedly.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" I shout between each kiss, bouncing on my knees and holding out my left hand.

I was ecstatic.

"Oh! Well! Good, probably would've had to kill ya if you said no." Jack laughs. Although I wasn't sure if he was actually joking or not.

But I was sure about one thing. I was engaged!

"Please don't make me vomit again..." Fiona pleaded.

Rhys was looking over his left shoulder, glaring.

"What?! I loved her! Of course i proposed! I'm kind of... Crazy like that. When I like a girl I... Like... Oh what the hell! I shouldn't have to justify myself to you! Stop LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!"