Hospitable

I wake up to a bright light, opening my eyes to a smiling Jack and a seemingly glorious ray outside of his office window. It looked like sunlight.

Jack goes to open his mouth but then I remember exactly why I was there and punch him square in the nose.

"Ow! You little..." He clenches his jaw and his fists, shaking before finally taking in a heavy breath.

"I'm cool, we're good." He sighs.

"Yeah, kidnapping me and forcing me to do things and taking away my one strength, we're cool." I say with a fake smile.

"I hate that you still consider this kidnapping." He laughs, opening his arms, as if I was supposed to take in the glory of it all.

"I! Handsome Jack.. SAVED you! You should be thanking me!"

"Excuse me for being raised with bad manners." I grunt, blowing my hair out of my face as I fall forward completely.

Walking wasn't going to be an option. I looked back down to my leg where the mark of the beast was cut into. A large H right there, staring me in the face.

Jack comes up to me, the smell of his leather boots very distinct. He places his arms under my shoulders and lifts me to sit up.

"Don't. Touch. Me." I growl.

"I need you to help me find someone in particular."

"Look, you can talk to Lilith yourself, I'm no-"

"Moxxi. That bitch betrayed me and I'm going to make her pay for it." Jack says.

He then grips my cheeks tightly, the cut in my mouth coming to light as I shrieked.

"Shit." I whimper at the pain.

"You'll help me, right kitten?"

"If you stop calling me Kitten." I say with my cheeks pressed like a fish.

"Great." He says, tapping my cheek before stepping away from me.

"Breakfast is on my desk. Your new clothes are on the nightstand. Be out here in ten minutes." He says before slamming the door again.

Was Jack being hospitable?

I do as he says, I get dressed in a long Hyperion sweater dress, a large, yellow H down its black fabric, matching my throbbing, soon to be, scar.

When I walk into his office I notice him shut off his computer monitor quickly and turn to me with his arms out.

"Come here, kitten." He says with zero emotion.

I do as he says again and before I get to close, I reach quickly over to the plate of fruit that was waiting for me before taking a few steps back.

"I get it. You don't like me. It's cool. Not everyone can like me. I mean, I try my hardest for everyone and it's okay, there's bound to be someone to shit on me after I've done everything for them." Jack was getting mad and being strangely passive aggressive.

I begin munching on some melon before I look around his office, noticing some stuff written on a board behind me.

Some coordinates, someone's name, and a number for an echo.

"What's this?" I ask, pointing up to it.

Jack looks up at me with a smile.

"The greatest plan of them all. Actually, that's a lie. I'm full of great plans."

"Right. So what is it?"

"That's how I got you. I convinced Knox you ran off to this bandit camp, the coordinates, and he convinced Athena to blow it up without her knowing you were there and I have an echo to contact Athena so I was the one to break the news! It's rich, really. Everyone. And I mean EVERYONE thinks you're dead this way."

I took in a deep breath. I wanted to kill the guy, I really did. And, don't doubt that I tried. I felt a small tinge of my power fueling in my veins, my strength building again, and at any cost of my life, I was about to use it.

I immediately turn around and pick Jack up by his shirt, running forwards to slam him into the nearest wall.

Jack didn't take it though, he fought back. He pulled back my hair and punched me to the ground, falling on his ass after he did so.

He comes up to me, hovering above me before grabbing one of my ankles and dragging me back into the bedroom.

I grip at the marble floors but I can't stay in one place, his grip was tight and his step never skipped a beat.

He lifted me onto the bed and popped my ankle out of its socket.

"Agh!" I scream.

Jack sits beside me on the bed and leans closer to my face than ever before. I could smell the tender mint on his breath and the natural smell his clothes wore was simple and yet alluring. I close my eyes and rid the thought, he was hurting me.

"Don't fuck with me, Holli."

"So he knows my name." I chuckle, earning a slap to the face. Again.

"We leave tonight."

"What? For what?"

"Pandora."

He grunts, reaching into the night stand for a needle.

"Jack! No! Please! I won't... I won't touch you again!"

"And I'm just supposed to trust you because you're pretty? Sounds like a bad idea." Jack laughs before sticking me with the drugs.

"Look, I like you, you've got guts, kiddo. I just don't tolerate it very well. I don't want to kill you.. So... Don't make me.." Jack gets off of the bed and I can already feel the haziness from the meds.

"Jack wait.."

Jack actually turned around and... Waited.

I thought it was weird, honestly. I had just attacked him and he didn't strangle me. He called me pretty and it was kind of sweet. He's listening to me right now, that's good, isn't it?

"Please put my ankle back into place." I whisper.

"I guess it'll need some rest before we go." Jack rolls his eyes and touches my ankle again.

I wince at the pain, the muscles and bones are still so tender.

"I'm sorry. But you pissed me off." Holy SHIT did he just APOLOGIZE?

"I'm... Sorry too..." DID I JUST APOLOGIZE?!?!?!?!

"Get some rest kitten." Jack says before the bone pops into its socket.

"Holy fucking shit balls!" I shout, closing my eyes tightly and almost wishing the pain would evaporate.

Then, I felt something. I felt Jacks hand move my bangs from my face, his lips meeting the skin on my forehead. The gesture was enough to let me know he felt guilty, but why the hell did he care about me? Jack didn't care about anyone.

My insides felt conflicted as I watched Jack walk out of the room. He is just using me and maybe he's playing the nice card just so I'll do what he says. Whatever the case, it's working. From then on I knew this was bad news. I was starting to... Kind of like Jack.