The Training Room

A/N: Two new OC's!!!!! Thanks so much to andii_b99 for Shay and to @OhHoneyBee for Aurey!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

"Holy shit!" Amber shouted, pulling my left hand up to her face to examine the ring.

"It's so beautiful. If he likes a thing he's gotta put a ring on it." She smiles and continues leading me down the hall.

"Where are we going? Exactly?" I ask, fidgeting with my ring. Was I losing my mind? I tossed back and forth the thought of actually MARRYING Jack. After all, that's what the ring meant. And we'd only known each other for a few short months.

I felt like I wanted to back out of everything but that would kill me. And, I really did love Jack.

"Training facility, bottom floor."

"I don't even think I've ever been that low." I chuckle.

"He keeps quite an eye on you, doesn't he?" Amber asks, sliding her ID through some sort of security check, opening the door to a room where I hear nothing but grunts.

The tone of her voice put me off a little. She sounded.. Concerned. And as one of Jacks closest Hyperion employees, it was highly unlikely that she would disagree with his ideas or morals. I was confused by it, but I wouldn't be for long.

"He does. But, that's alright... I-WHOA! SHIT!" I scream, ducking as quickly as possible while Amber moves slightly to the left.

The wall behind me is suddenly stabbed with a ninja star.

"Sorry." A girl mutters, her tone anticlimactic.

A shorter girl with the same hair color as mine walks passed me, her Hyperion uniform seemed out of place but much more stylish. And, to top it all off, she had an echo eye. Like me.

"So. I'm guessing you're the one Jack wanted me to help out. The echo eye?" Her face was straight and I couldn't tell if she was excited or just... Unamused.

"Jacks fiancé." Amber chimes in, nudging the other girl a little.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Cool. I'm Aurey." She nods at me and whistles at another woman, smacking a punching bag.

The girl ahead of me was pounding into the bag so hard I could see her knuckles beginning to bleed. Her hair was also an abnormally bright color, red, to be specific, but her brown eyes softened the tone. Why was I the one Jack didn't want to see with weird colored hair?

"And this is Shay. She's here for morale." Aurey chuckles, but even her giggle was robotic.

To me, Aurey cared for nothing but combat. But deep down there was something she hid from the world, and her smirk confirmed it.

"Jacks settling down?" Shay asks, her hair falling into her face as she looks me up and down.

"Let me guess, you were an old fling too?" I laugh a little, realizing Jack was too easy.

"Ew. Gross.. I mean.. I thought for a while but... No... The guys like my brother." Shay smiles at me and pulls up my left hand.

"Dude this things huge." She sighs.

"You're telling me.." Amber takes in a deep breath and pushes the small of my back forward.

"Go on, go talk to Aurey. Promise. She doesn't bite." Amber warmly smiles.

"How would you know?" Aurey winks toward Amber.

"I think I know my best friend well enough." Amber winks back.

"Alright, where do you want to start?" Aurey asks, looking around the room for things to scan.

I shrug politely and mutter, "you pick."

After about an hour working with Aurey and another two hours of combat training, I was wiped.

I went to go sit down when suddenly, my head started pounding and my echo eye vision began to pixelate.

"Agh! Fuck." I squeeze my temples tightly until I see that Ten was coming into focus.

"Thank god you're alive! I just about shit my pants watching you get choked out in Hyperion." Ten chuckles.

"Yeah... Well." I smile.

"The girls tell me you'll all be on Pandora in a couple days here. Mind helping me with something while you skid by?" Ten asks, her smile hopeful.

Of course I was willing to help her, she genuinely cared about me, she freaking called me! Wait. How did she get in touch with my brand new echo eye? Also.. The girls? How do they know Ten? What all did they tell her? For some reason, I really didn't want her to know I was engaged to Jack. I really think she'd be ashamed of me.

"Yes. Of course." I reply after some thought, grinning from ear to ear. I was actually really excited to see her, seeing as how she was the closest thing to a best friend I had and probably ever will have.

"Cool! Keep in touch okay? I'll see you in a few days."

"Alright. Bye." I say before my sight returns to normal.

"Who was that?" Amber asks, inching toward me.

"How the hell do you guys know Ten?" I glare.

"Is that.. Bad...?" Amber asks, biting her lip.

Was she afraid for me to say yes?

"Not unless you give me a reason for it to be."

"Nisha. We know her from Nisha. And.. She wants us all to help h-"

"Help her... What?" I ask sharply, cutting off Shay.

"Help her kill Nisha." Aurey says bluntly, Amber turning to glare at her.

"What?" Aurey asks, her expression still unreadable.

"Look, it might seem like a big deal but Nisha is bad... Very bad." Amber says, holding my arms and looking into my eyes for some sort of response.

"I know she is. But Jack-" I try to start, but Shay cut me off.

"Jack would want her dead. He gave her everything and she broke his heart."

"Yeah. That makes me WAY less stressed about the engagement!" I groan.

"Oh. Right." Shay awkwardly chuckles.

"Hey. Don't worry. We'll be helping Ten AND Jack. No harm done." Ambers smile was so gentle that I couldn't not believe a word she said.

Some part of me knew that it was wrong, that this was going to be the thing that screwed me. But another part of me wanted Jack all for myself and this was how I'd achieve that. Then there was that tiny girl jumping in the back of my brain, she looked like Ten but I think she was really just my conscience.

Anyways, the little mini Ten was jumping and screaming at me to do it for my friends. Well, the only people I really could consider as friends. They were looking out for me, no doubt and I was desperate for connection. With anyone. It was my first taste of family, my first taste of love and I didn't want it to go away.

"Okay. Where do we start?"